Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: hoping to get to Stratford

TA's look good tatty - quite a few are including mine! wouldn't worry about that at all.

Noticed tonight that my nearside brake light is not earthing properly - have to sort that at the weekend.

Cheers
Jeremy

Earths and fibreglass cars, often a nuisance. Good luck

Hi David,

It doesn't matter what it looks like as long as its loved and cherished. Mine has never been the most shiny and was built on an absolute shoestring. The most important thing is it doesn't become a driveway queen and is actually driven. The fact your car will be pressed into everyday service is a big plus in my book.

Regards

Paul

thanks Paul. Well it will be if I can sort this brake master out. Got my S/steel twin down pipe today and it looks as if will match the TA stainless exhaust perfectly once cut to length and the single downpipe is cut off. Engine almost back together, just need to fit rear plate, sump (once acid dipped and painted it currently has an old rubbish one on it to keep the bearings clean) adjust valves and paint it. Then it is a matter of fitting the engine, the tie bar bushes, new t/rod end rubbers, rebuild a brake master cylinder (if I can get a plunger), bleed brakes, and sort wiring exhaust and rear seat.
I need a mechanic fairy.
Regards

David,

Does yours have a mechanical or electric fuel pump? The reason I ask is that I have a set of stainless down pipes to go on my 'B' series but the tubular exhaust routes extremely close to the mechanical fuel pump. Not a good combination......

Regards

Paul

Yes, I'll try and make Stratford this year, but it'll only be for a day and most likely not in my NG - if the weather is nice it'll be in my 65 Sprite - if not in my 84 Rover Vitesse V8 - the car I bought after buying my first SD1 as an engine donor for my NG and discovering I liked SD1's !!

Malc