Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: mgb stock air filters and Minor steering wheel info needed

Hi,

You will struggle to fit air filters on a TA with twin carbs. The front carb is very close to the bonnet. I don't have filters on my engine - its an MGB based TA. The Marina TA has a bit more room but there are many cars out there with a hole/bulge in the bonnet side to accommodate filters. I just have a gauze over the carb intakes.

Can't comment on the steering wheel sorry.

Cheers
Jeremy

I've just been trying to tidy up the damage done by a previous owner...

You should be able to see from this that even with K&Ns there is little room (with this style and size the rear would have cleared but the front would still foul), you may just get away with slim "D" shaped pancake filters.

If I were starting with nice new panels I'd try to fit something like the remote set up from a Triumph 2000 or Sunbeam Rapier with hoses leading to an airbox above the engine. I'm sure a Google would throw up some images.

I'd be tempt to make something like a plenum / air box with remote intake up.

Just make sure the cross sectional area at B is equal or greater than A+A.

It also gives you the option of picking a larger/better/cheaper air filter and locating it somewhere cold.