Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: National rally

I just wrote about two thousand words in reply to this thread but have decided that a more succinct response was in order. So, from what I've seen in the mag' the National Rally just doesn't appeal. It would seem to appeal to those who enjoy it and return year after year so is simply a case of "one man's pleasure" etc.
Possibly, if the option were there, I might pop in for a couple of hours just to say "Hi" but would have no intention of attending for the weekend.

There, might not be the response you wanted but at least you got one

Hi Jay,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to reply. If the rally as advertised is not your thing that's fine. Is there anything in particular you don't like about the rally? It would be good to get differing views as these are equally valid.

Attending for the whole weekend is not compulsory, If you only attend on one day that is fine also(Generally Sunday is when most cars attend). The trip up from Wiltshire would be quite a pleasant outing.

Would you be more interested in a more informal meeting? There is a regular Kitcar pub meet held on the 2nd Thursday of every month 7:30pm onwards at:

THE LAMB AND FLAG
FARRINGDON ROAD
SOUTHMOOR
OX13 5HN

This is organised by the Chiltern 7's car club. more information can be found at: http://markpurves.wix.com/chiltern7s. It is just a turn up and have a look at the cars type of do, some of the guys have a meal but it is all quite informal.

Hope to here from you soon

Regards

Paul

Gill and I will be there Friday and all weekend we have nothing clashing with it this year, Mr Powell bring your wallet, I have something you will like!

Hi Mark
Oooooooh you have me intrequed now lol!, looking forward to seeing you both there
Ed

Circumstances allowing we'll try and pop over one day to say "hi"...

hi, looking like I won't be coming after all. still working on the TA and I'm having difficulty finding someone to look after the person I care for but I haven't given up completely.
regards