Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I'm back !!!

Jeremy,
That is an excellent idea. I can see a squadron of Red Dragons hurtling along the M4 !

Hopefully, I will be at the Rally, but without the TF this year.

Regards

David

David,

No car jumble but it is a very good social event. I don't think you will see a greater gathering of NG's to look over and get inspiration from....

Look forward to seeing you there....

Regards

Paul B

Paul,
I really do need a huge amount of inspiration !!! I have just spent most of the day doing some jobs on the car. Managed to slice my thumb, strained my back, discovered the type of distributor fitted, cleaned out the inside of the car, had a go at cutting and fitting the carpet, hence sliced thumb. I haven't yet got around to hoovering the cobwebs out of the engine bay, probably in the next couple of days or so. Every time I spend a bit of time on the beast, I find something else which has corroded. Considering it has been on my drive for some 10 years I am surprised it has not been reduced to a pile of rust and plastic. I now realise that I am not going to restore it on my drive. I need workshop facilities to get it up to MOT standard and after that comes the next step: getting it to look really nice. Maybe a change of motor.
What I really need is a Fairy Godmother who knows about cars, NG's in particular.
Watch this space.
David

Hi David,

After a weekend in the company of fellow NG enthusiasts you will be full of inspiration.

Unfortunately working on cars does involve loosing some skin from your knuckles and a few bruises. However, that is a small price to pay for when you are driving down a country road with the birds singing and wind in your hair.

They are pretty simple cars mechanically so shouldn't be to bad to re-commission. What is wrong and causing the worry? Surely brakes apart and clean-up followed by an engine service and away you go isn't it?? I know its easy to say and doesn't sound too much but a couple of weekends and a few evenings in the good weather we are having should crack it. Is there something else that needs attending too?

My view is that, if it is on the road, loved and enjoyed that is good enough. If anyone criticises it then ask them about their car. You will generally find they won't have one so, enough said...!!

If you need any help or want to talk anything through just give me a call. If I can't help I might know someone who can.

Regards

Paul

Paul,
You are absolutely right, of course. But it seems that at the moment one problem is leading to another, and another etc. But for a car which has not moved for 10 years I must expect some hitches. I really need a workshop and I think I can access one shortly, which comes with a fully qualified mechanic who is not working as one but would certainly do some work as a ''hobble.''
I am slowly getting things sorted, such as where to go to get various items to finish the jobs. As for the wind blowing through my hair, I had better get a move on as it is getting thinner and thinner by the day. I lost my Barbour cap many years ago and you will never guess where I found it. Yes, you are correct.
Catch you soon.
David