Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It runs!!!

Well, the thing runs. Got it going today after draining and flushing the fuel tank repeatedly to get rid of the huge quantity of water in it. Sounds great, no apparent leaks, oil light goes out instantly and takes ages to come back on after switching the engine off. However, the oil pressure gauge is only reading 20 to 30 lbs ish when the engine is running at 2500 rpm. I had a problem regarding the replacement oil pressure gauge which didn't fit the gauge thread so I had to solder a bodge together to get it to fit, I'm hoping that I inadvertently ended up with a very small hole for the oil to go through.

Thanks for all the help and advice thus far. All I need to do now is bleed clutch, rebuild brake master and refit, bleed brakes, fit new track control arm bushes, bolt seats in, fit 2 new indicators, fit steering column, fit pedal box, repair 17" Rover P4 steering wheel etc etc.

Re: It runs!!!

A great step forward - nothing like firing a car up for the first time in ages.

Won't be long now before your zooming about!

Cheers
Jeremy

Re: It runs!!!

Well done David,

There is always a list of things to do but it won't be long now until you are up and running on the road. There is nothing like the grin factor when you are driving it....

Regards

Paul