Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Water wings

Hi All,

Did a few miles yesterday. Went to Swindon as I was invited by a friend to their 50th anniversary day at the Coate Water miniature railway. A round trip of about 60 miles.

I left home with the hood up in drizzly rain. After 5 miles or so it started to clear up. Got down to the railway and the weather was reasonable. Had a trip around the track about one o'clock and it rained briefly enough to head for cover. Left for home about 2 o'clock and only caught a light shower on the way.

I went out again later in the NG to my squash club in what looked like improving weather. While I was there, there was a heavy rain shower but the NG was sat in the car park with the hood up. On the way home about 6:30pm there was some of the most torrential rain I have ever been in while driving. There were a few drips from around the windscreen but apart from that things inside remained dry. I was extremely concerned that the car would keep running as the roads were flooded in places and steam was coming through the gearstick gaiter...!!

She kept running and the rain had virtually stopped by the time I got home. I stopped to open the gates and unlock the garage and she wouldn't start. My wife and I managed to push her into the garage for the night.

I woke up this morning thinking I would have to diagnose what had been drowned and dry it out. Fortunately she started first flick of the key so all is well.

Has anyone else driven their car is really bad weather and experienced anything similar???

Regards

Paul

Re: Water wings

Hi Paul,

It sounds like the weather gear on the TF is better than the TA's!

I have been out in all weathers, normally the rain comes in under the windscreen, and if really bad and sustained between the hood and the windscreen as well.

It is very difficult to get in with the sidescreens on, so more rain comes in there!

Then there is the spray, and if you hit a big puddle a vertical wall of water - just got to hope the hood is up!

However throughout all this abuse Mr ToAd never missed a beat and so far (touch wood) the wet has not stopped us getting where we planned.

Cheers
Jeremy