Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Build Manual

Hi.Chris and Sue
Many thanks for welcoming me to the club.I have two NG TF:s one on the road and a complete v8 Tf kit and as explained in an earlier text it never got past an incomplete rolling chassis.and due to house moves all the parts are still there but well mixed up Hence wanting to start from scratch again.
I have been given a complete John Hoyle build manual from Nick Earnshaw and have sent a forum letter thanking him for his generosity but.I wouldnt mind having a pdf copy on my computer if that is OK with you. Email boblamb00@hotmail.co.uk.
My plans at the present are to modify the brakes on the road car to duel circuit using a Renault 5 master cylinder then a repaint with possibly a later type screen and new soft top,the rest of the car is still quite presentable.
During this same period i will be starting to assemble the V8 I have already sorted the engine out it is a 4.6 with stage 2 reel steel heads, high compression pistons, stump puller cam, lower riser inlet manifold and Weber 500 carb , finished of with a set of ng stainless steel headers.I have also bought a second hand R380 g/box and i will be buying an overhaul kit to give it a full refurbishment.
I have already sorted out a few questions regarding the rebuild and when i think i have them all covered i will post them on the forum and hopefully get all the answers for me to move the project forward.
My career path was apprentice engineer in Cadburys 3 years on oil rigs 10 years my own body shop then the last 20 years chief engineer Cadburys (very hands on)and once taken over by the Americans took opportunity for early retirement. TIME TO COMPLETE MY TF V8 '
I will be in contact over the next few months Regards BOB LAMB

Sounds like you are going to be busy. Good luck

Thanks Dave will keep you informed as I progress Regards Bob