Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Member

Hi Mel,

Welcome to the club - I am sure you will find it the very best of places, with loads of friendly members.

Your TF sounds interesting, certainly the registration date is odd - perhaps it came from an MGA instead. As long as its now registered as an NG then I would not worry about it too much.

I have a TA so can't comment about the side screens - mine are not available without the hood either - as you say makes for a blustery ride - but in the nice weather that is just fine.

Hope you enjoy the TF hope to see you and the car at an event some time,

Cheers
Jeremy
Aberaeron, Wales

Hi Jeremy
Thanks for your reply. I am enjoying "Boris" (the name seemed appropriate). You are correct about club members being helpful and friendly,I have spoken to a number already and they all cannot do enough to help. Doubt whether we will ever meet up as Wales is a good 200 miles but you never know. Just as well that we have emails and forums, as we would never know each other.
Regards
Mel

Hi Mel,

I am in Harrogate and have a NG TA, built in 1982/3 from a 1964 MGB.
My car is in need of some refurbishment, but I am doing a little at a time while keeping the car on the road so that I can enjoy it.
I am currently putting in a new screen after it was cracked from a stone thrown up by a passing car. Fortunately it will only cost £10.22 for the glass plus a new screen rubber _ much easier than with tin top. Although the screen and frame or off the car, I am hoping to go over the Keighley in it on Sunday _ it will give me a chance to wear my flying goggles (only if the weather is fine though).
I recently had a visit from Ken Elliot from Yeadon who invited me to a local car show but unfortunately I was unable to attend. He told me the Yorkshire members are quite active.
Hope we can meet up someday.
Regards

John

Hi John
Thanks for the reply. We are away at the moment but will be back later next week. Would like to meet up sometime, as you suggest, but going to build a pair of side screens first as it is getting colder and don't have the benefit of flying googles. Paul Bennett has given me some ideas for the build & hopefully I should be up & running soon.
Regards
Mel