Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Car for sale on Ebay

Hi George,

I am glad the car has gone to a good home and will get brought back to life. I have a TA so can't help with patterns but I am sure some of the TF owners will chip in.

Cheers
Jeremy

Jeremy,

Many thanks, I hope to have it back on the road by spring so replacement weather protection is going to be needed and my appilcation for membership has been sent off and I await a reply. Could you let me know where to get service spares for these cars, air filters, points etc?

Regards

George

Spares wil depend upon what the engine came out of. MG spares are all over the place. Rimmer Bross, Moss Europe etc. Marina spares are probably a little harder to come by, but I know of Mevspares.

As P Jones says MGB bits are easy, I use MGB Hive and Brown and Gammons but Moss Europe and others are out there - you take your pick etc.

If I recall the advert details for your car correctly it is MGB based so I am sure bits will be easy.

If you need more substantial spares engines/gearboxes etc then you can put a wanted on the club web site or join the face book page (link on the home page of the club web site) and post on there.

Getting hood sorted is a definite must with the weather like this - although fingers crossed we get some dry days in 2016!

Cheers
Jeremy

Many thanks, as you say the car is based on an 1968 MGB GT so mechanical and service items are not a problem however I do need to find a hood, or a pattern for a hood or at the very least someone who has made one in the past - any ideas? Regards George

It must be possible to take a pattern from another car.

There is a chap on the facebook group who is looking for a similar pattern but for the Marina based car.

It is different from my TA so I can't help, there must be someone out there who can?

cheers
Jeremy