Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Devil's Advocate

The Facebook group seems to have a bit more going on, but I only discovered it recently, and I've only been coming here since last Autumn, so I don't know which is the chicken and which the egg.

The forum is always quiet at this time of year. The facebook page has had its quiet times too.

There are about 90 members of the facebook group and not all post regularly, but perhaps it is a bit easier to use and easier to post pictures and videos. It can also be used on the go via smart phones and the like.

Whether this forum would have reached these levels without the facebook group being in place we won't know but I am happy to take a steer from the club elders if they think it is damaging the club in any way.

cheers
Jeremy

Good call Jeremy, I bit the bullet and joined FB only because a lot of car related forums are active there. Do us old farts need to accept our every keyboard press is recorded and privacy is no more?

I think the best answer to that is the statistic that when you drive somewhere you are caught on camera on average every 5 miles. If you mobile phone is switched on then your location can be tracked with within a meter, and when you surf the web in any way your site visits are logged and analysed by your provider without you even knowing.

With facebook - it only knows what you tell it - either directly or from the pages you visit. If you tell it your inside leg measurement then it knows it!

On write on a web page what you would write on a postcard!

Whether we like it or not - big brother in one form or another is watching.

Cheers
Jeremy

Hi All, As the forum moderator I have always been a supporter of the forum and the website. I understand Mel's point of view but believe the website and Facebook work together to provide information to members and others interested in the NG marque.

In my opinion it doesn't need to be an either or situation. The website is a good place to provide more structured information about NG's and the Facebook page is an informal place for members to interact with each other.

Regards

Paul

I agree Paul. Other groups I belong to do it the same way, Facebook for the more newsy, fluffy topics and the website for more technical issues

Hi All, The one thing that hasn't been mentioned is the magazine. This IMHO is one of the jewels in the club's crown. There is a whole lot of things that happen in the background to produce this for the members. It would be good to get a few more articles written by members to the editors (Chris & Su)to help fill the pages. I appreciate that writing an article for the magazine is not everyones's cuppa but it doesn't have to be a ten page essay just a paragraph based on NG activities will suffice. It can even be a suggestion about meeting up or an idea that would help the club. So lets see if we can give a bit of support to the editors by providing a paragraph about your NG activities....

Regards

Paul B

Dear All, Chris made an appeal at the national rally for some more articles for the magazine. Please support the club and the editors by providing some print for the magazine. It doesn't have to be a long article, just a paragraph about your NG activities will be appreciated...

Regards

Paul B