Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Clutch Hose part number

Hi Rob, yes the standard hose is short and the welded on bracket could be placed to a more suitable position but thats where it is. (mine was a 1984 kit)
I rearranged the bracket by 'bending' it upwards so the exit of the hose is 'nearer' and less of a bend.
Bleeding wise I took the cylinder off let it hang and compress it, it does help the process.
Recently I had a similar problem with bleeding a disc brake on my scooter, the cure for that was by getting a large ish syringe and piece of tubing and pulling the fluid thro' (as suggested by the guy in the scooter shop) but that didn't work satisfactory so, after filling up the syringe I push the fluid back up and that worked!
My Son has this professional reservoir and connects it to the compressor; that sucks the fluid thro' that didn't work!!
I've not recently changed the clutch slave cylinder; but next time I will look for my syringe and give it a try.

MG