Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NG TA Exhaust system

Thanks for your comments. I have decided to tweek the standard system (2 piece stainless with thin bomb centre). Currently cursing desperately. Have released all manifold/downpipe nuts with the exception of the front pipe nut nearest the block. Can locate my socket on it but can't link bar to turn it. Need to get a UJ socket link I think. Must have been designed by Rubick!

You may have it sorted now John, but when I built my TA I used the standard MGB ( GT ) exhaust and when that expired I replaced it with a stainless MGB system from Moss, the 'MG' people. This, if I recall right, is in one piece and has a slim 'bomb' front silencer and normal diameter rear. I just needed to cut a few inches off the tail pipe. The original system did ground occasionaly but I haven't ever had this problem with the Moss system although some may prefer more ground clearance.

Nigel L

Sorted!

I fitted a standard MGB stainless system from Moss with centre bomb (to reduce grounding problems). Loads of problems mating downpipes to manifold - all sorted now. Single rear bent slightly to fit and tailpipe chopped. Rear system supported by 5inch U bolt round silencer which took several days to source and about 5 minutes to fit!

Thanks to everyone for their helpful comments and advice.

I am finding this forum an excellent communication and advice centre! Unfortunately on my 56k analogue modem the ad delays are frustrating, but the advice is great!