Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NG TC V8 Rear Axle

Hello, could someone offer some advice on what type of axle to put under my TC, it has a 3.9 V8, a few "experts" have suggested that it will have to be a LSD axle and these a quite expensive, although I would rather use one now rather than putting the standard mg item on and then realizing I need to change it. Any advice would be gratefully recieved. Thanks Matt.

Re: NG TC V8 Rear Axle

Hi Matt,

I would recommend using some type of LSD with the V8, but it is not essential, depends a bit on how you intend to use the car. You should realise that the LSD is the differential only and not the axle, so once you have fitted the MGB axle you can upgrade anytime later by having an LSD fitted into the MGB axle, but budget for around 500 pounds for a LSD.

regards
Mark

Re: Re: NG TC V8 Rear Axle

Hello Mark,

I have a TDV8 with a "fairly live" standard axle. The diff ratio was changed, standard NG panhard rod fitted and anti tramp bars fitted. Being fairly lively on wet twisty county roads the back end lets you know ...when it starts to overtake you and tells you - ease off! The independent option from John Hoyle looks the part, is the part and if you can afford it i'd say fit it. But then i'd be driving even faster if i did!

Dave