Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Crankshaft pulley removal

Hi, does anybody know of a suitable tool to use to 'chock' the pulley wheel while the bolt is undone? If there is a method that somebody knows of then I'd be pleased to hear of it !!

Thank you.

Re: Crankshaft pulley removal

Hi Ashley. sympathise with your problem, I had same when rebuilding my v8. after trying everything from sockets,spanners,oxy acetyline. I ended up with the desperation spanner. take off sump. fit length of 3x2 up between crank and wedge tight. put socket on nut,3ft bar on ratchet and jump.try it, but dont jump from too big a height. good luck. nick

Re: Re: Crankshaft pulley removal

Thanks for that, hope my car is heavy enough to stay on the floor! I'll post how I got on and what worked. Thanks again.

Re: Crankshaft pulley removal

Hi Ashley,

Firstly is your engine fitted or on the floor. I do have a proven tested method but there are differences in it's use for fitted and non fitted engines. E,mail me with your phone number and I will talk you through it

ATB
Mark Staley