Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hoods and sidescreens - a possible manufacturer.

Hi yes i would be interested in replacing my cover. Could you please give me some more details

Re: Re: Hoods and sidescreens - a possible manufacturer.

Hi Tony.

I found the company advertising their hoods on Ebay.
They are: NTG Motor Services, and are located in Ipswitch, Suffolk, Tel: 01473 406031. They have a website: www.ntgservices.co.uk where all their parts are shown - should someone want 'authentic' MG bits on their cars!

I've been in contact with 'Mike' - he will need an existing hood to take patterns from (I don't have a hood at the moment); is there anyone near Ipswitch with a tatty hood situation?

I told Mike that the club has 500+ members (501+ when my application gets there...) and could be a good find for him - hopefully he'll keep prices keen.

(I hope this isn't stepping on Findhorn's toes - I know the club has strong links with them. However, with the best will in the world, I'm simply not in a postion to justify £1k+ for a hood and screens.)

Re: Re: Re: Hoods and sidescreens - a possible manufacturer.

I live near Hadleigh Suffolk, (moving to Bury St Edmunds
early June). If anyone would like to borrow a TF hood for use as a pattern I will be happy to lend mine. Tel: 01787210087 until 8th June.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hoods and sidescreens - a possible manufacturer.

That's a very kind offer, Dave; I've emailed you about this.
Regards, Donnie.

Re: Hoods and sidescreens - a possible manufacturer.

An update on the situation:

First, a huge 'thank you' to Dave Edwards who, despite being just about to move house, found time to take his hood and sidescreens (MG-based TF, I believe) to NTG Services for pricing up. The move should have happened by now - how's it going Dave?!

Mike at NTG has come back with a (slightly-disappointing, considering their good deal on the MG hoods - £255!) price of £450 for a double-duck hood for the TF. This might still be competitive, I don't know - since I'm new to the NG.

For anyone who may be interested, the contact details for the company is:
NTG Services, 282-284 Bramford Road, Ipswitch, IP1 4AY. Tel: 01473 406031, ask for 'Mike'.

Re: Re: Hoods and sidescreens - a possible manufacturer.

I have a good hood, screens, rear support hoops etc for sale if anyone is interested - from a pre SVA car.

Thanks
Neil