Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pastiche TF

Hi Brian.

I received a load of bumph with my recently purchased Pastiche Henley, amongst which is information on Pastiche going into administrative receivership (by the accountants Touche Ross) in 1991. So, if you can prove your car is a Pastiche, I can probably prove that they couldn't have sold it after 1991!

I find it a bit strange that the DVLA are looking for proof of purchase, however, as they normally completely discount this kind of information as it doesn't (obviously) prove when the car was actually built and USED (there are kits from that era still lying around unbuilt today...) - and proof of use is what they are looking for.

I'm assuming, from your dilemma, that your MOTs don't describe the car as a Henley, or indicate that it had changed from the donor car in any way? If it does, that should be good enough - time to visit a different DVLA office if your current one is being 'silly'? (My 1997 MOT describes mine as a 'Ford Tourer' - certainly not a Sierra Estate; and I'd have thought that would be good enough!) I'll find out soon enough...

However, if you have had your car running in kit form since 1994, surely your insurance from that time states clearly that the car was a Henley? I'd have thought this is as clear a piece of evidence you could possibly have of the car having been used in kit form during this time. (Please tell me you DID have it insured as a 'kit'!)

If you contact the insurance co. you used in the mid-90's, and ask them to confirm in writing that it was covered over these years as a Henley, then surely DVLA couldn't ask for much more than this.

If, however, you really think that my 'receivership' info would help your case (tho' I personally can't see how; I think individual DVLA offices are making up their own daft rules here, and I have read that some are far more reasonable than others - some can be just 'impossible'), then let me know and I'll photocopy and post it to you - unfortunately, I don't have a scanner.

Good luck!

Hi Brian,
Have you read the article in the "Tech Library" section of the website from Nigel at Findhorn. It may offer a little help.
Mark

Just a quick follow up with thanks to Donnie and Mark for advice . I finally got the DVLA to recognise that the car was on the road pre 1997 by taking a 1995 MoT Certificate back to the issuing MoT Station with some photo's of the car and getting a letter stating that the car in the pictures was the car that was the subject of the 1995 MoT . Luckily the same tester still works there and is in fact the present owner of the garage .It has lost its Historic status and is about to be issued with an " L " registration , but at least the SVA was avoided .Brian

Re: Re: Pastiche TF

That's excellent news, Brian, and a novel way to get the car recognised!

Shame about the Historic status, but it could have been worse...

Hi Brian,
I'm glad you managed to get it sorted and common sense has prevailed. Enjoy the weather with your car.
Mark