Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
steering wheel refurbishment

hi, a few months ago in the ChaNGing gear magazine i saw an advertisement where you would send off your steering wheel to be refurbished by some woodwork students. Did anyone use this service and was it any good?

Re: steering wheel refurbishment

Hello Tony,

I took my streeing wheel across to Norbert at West Dean College in the summer. I have not got round to collecting it yet. Time i did and i'll let you know how the students go on. I have no doubt that the work wil be first class after my tour of the college and the workshops. I was very impressed and had a great morning visiting Norbert. The students are all mature students and want to be there and were doing some amazing work rare valuable antiques.
Dave

Contact details are:-
Norbert Gutowski [Norbert.GUTOWSKI@westdean.org.uk]

Re: Re: steering wheel refurbishment

thanks,be pleased to know how you get on

Re: steering wheel refurbishment

Hello Tony,

I contacted Norbert during the week. My steering wheel is almost ready. Norbert suggested we all meet together in the new year - I think that's a good idea.

I'll e-mail you and Norbert together to arrange a time and date, if you are agreable.

Dave

Re: Re: steering wheel refurbishment

did you pick the wheel up yet?

Re: Re: Re: steering wheel refurbishment

Hello Tony,

Yes I went back to see Norbert on 18th January. The second thursday of gales...and rain...so i left the TA at home.
Steering wheel has been restored beautifully - it looks exactly as it should do for me - old and used but in a excellent condition. It cost 50 pounds which has gone back into college funds to cover materials. I could have spent less money and done it my self but i know i would not have done as good a job or selected appropriate finishes. Also i had a great experience visiting West Dean College and meeting Norbert and his students.

Dave