Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NG TF build

Hello all,

Firstly I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Mick and I've recently started to build a TF, I have also joined the owners club. Its early days at the moment, but to date I've been getting donor parts together and most recently have secured a chassis and body from a seller privately. Progress to date and ongoing can be seen on my web site at www.theweightfamily.com

At the moment I am nearing completion of the break down of the donor car and next month will be starting some refurbishment of the donor parts. I have now started to plan the build up of the chassis and have some questions regarding the suspension and braking systems.

1) NG recommend using downrated springs at the rear, and I also noticed that Chris Humphries also used downrated springs on the front. I seem to remember reading somewhere that roadster springs are suitable (my donor is a MGB GT), is that so? if not what springs should I be buying?

2) It is also recommended that external, adjustable SPAX dampers are used. My wife works for an auto factors who deal in Konis, has anyone used these?

3) On the braking system, downrated rear cylinders and a dual circuit master cylinder are specified, does anyone know what cars these are from?

Re: NG TF build

Hello again Mick,

The following were the parts supplied according to my records:-

Dual circuit master brake cylinder - Renault part number UV1-77-01-348-726.

Downrated First Line Slave Cylinders - FBW-1534, refers to LW-11193, including their retaining circlips.

I bought my parts through NG Cars.

All the best for your build,
John Hamilton-Smith

Re: Re: NG TF build

Thanks John