Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Back axle condition

I'm at the point where I'm about to start building my rolling chassis so I'll be refurbishing the parts from my donor car. For the suspension there are obviously new parts in the form of springs and spax shocks, for the other parts I plan to clean and paint them and fit new bushes. My biggest concern is the back axle. The donor I bought was in a non running state so I have no real idea as to the condition of the back axle. I could just take it for re-conditioning anyway but I don't want to spend money unnecessarily, so I thought I would remove the rear cover and make a visual inspection of its parts. A visual inspection of the outside can tell me if there may be leaks. Is there anything else I can easily check to get an idea of its condition? for example endfloat, back lash etc.