Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
v8 exhaust mountings, grille anyone?

Hi
Can anyone send me a good pictures of v8 (outside) rear exhaust mountings please.
Do you have to drill and tap chassis for bobbins to fit?
Has any one got a good grille for sale? as mine has hole in centre for old Kenlowe fan that use to poke out of front and through grille(now removed) to fit more upto date and a lot slimmer fan.
Regards Martin

Re: v8 exhaust mountings, grille anyone?

Hi Martin
No photo, but the rear mounting bracket is a sort of off-set T shape that bolts to the body fixing bolt nearest the rear spring front eye bolt mounting. The exhaust to cotton real clamp is shaped to the size of exhaust pipe and to allow a drilled flange to and bottom to accept the cotton reals. The front end / manifold is bolted to the head with no other supports required.

Dave

Re: Re: v8 exhaust mountings, grille anyone?

Thanks Dave
This helps as i thought it fixed to chassis with a hole that was tapped to accept bobbin.
Regards Martin