Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: TF leaf springs

The early roadster springs should be okay, so possibly a direct replacement for your '66 items. Might ride a little high at first but don't worry. Run it up the road and get the springs working and then leave it in the garage with some weight in the back for a couple of days. Should settle down quite quickly as the old leaf springs don't hold an NG up well, so goodness knows how they used to work on B's!

You can also fit 1" lowering blocks to bring the height down.

I know some members have talked about aftermarket mono spings, which I understand work better than the standard parts, but don't know who has fitted them.

Dave

Re: TF leaf springs

Hi Ashley
I originally fitted the recommended (by NG) 'downrated' rear springs but found they soon gave insufficient support. I have now replaced them with standard roadster rubber bumper springs to give me more height (I needed more clearance) and then reduced this partially with some lowering blocks - now just about right (for more details see my web site at www.ngkitcar.co.uk). I agree with Dave you could use the chrome bumper roadster springs, though I don't know what ride height this will give. Definitely one of the MGB standard springs will do you though.

Re: Re: TF leaf springs

Thank you both for your advice...voices of experience I think!

Speaking of suspension, but at the other end of the car...I am also looking to replace both kingpin assemblies with all bushes etc. I would like somebody else to take care of the reaming and sizing of bushes etc so all I'm left with is a nut and bolt exercise. Any suggestions based on experience where I should go (polite please) to get this done?

Thanks again.

Ashley.

Re: Re: Re: TF leaf springs

Quite a number of suppliers run an exchange on these items. If you are looking for mail order, give The MGBHive a call - always helpful.

Dave