Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Detling Show

Hi all
For a change this year I'm planning on attending Detling for the weekend with the combi-camp. I'll look forward to seeing you all there hopefully. Lets hope its a good show especially as I've 150 odd miles to trek to get there. I'm planning on leaving very early Sat am to avoid the dreaded M25 friday night!
Lets hope we get some of the good weather we've had recently
Regards
Ed

Re: Detling Show

Hi Ed,

See you there on Saturday. I'll be there with my boys and their grandad. Good to hear you are venturing down Southwards. We met when I came up Northwards to Donnington last autumn.
I don't think I'll be the TDV8 as there is a hydraulic tappit playing up and a horrid noise.
Detling is fairly windswept even with the sun shining : bring plenty to wrap up - just in case.

Cheers,

Dave

Re: Re: Detling Show

Hi Dave
Thanks for the warning!(ps if the weathers going to be horrid I rather find out when it happens rather than be prewarned!!) Do you know whether there will be a club stand? and is the camping communal or do they allow camping on the club stands?
Regards
Ed

Re: Re: Re: Detling Show

I should be there Saturday, unless the weather report advises otherwise.
Should be in the TCV8, unless all the family want to come.
Wrap up well, it does get windy on that field.

Martin

Re: Re: Re: Detling Show

Hi Ed, Last year there didn't seem to be a marked off area for NGOC. I turned up and parked up alongside the other NG's already there. I guess that does not help for the first NG to arrive.
I am not sure about the camping etc. Bob Preece is the contact for the show - may be best to call him.

I have been in contact with Chris Humphreys and Ray Boulton - both are planning on being there on Saturday. So with Martin , Chris, Ray, Dad and myself we will hopefully be six Ng's including you.
I agree with Martin, Detling can be fairly breezy.

Cheers,

Dave