Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Detling 2007 - Saturday

Brilliant weather, fantasic turnout of NG's (12) and a great show today. If you were there today and would like a set of photos - don't hesitate to e-mail me with your and i'll send you a CD of my pictures. Well done to Ed Powell - longest distance driven today and first to arrive. Ed was there before the show opened. See if you can spot Ed's route plan in the photos! Better than I did as I messed up my route completely as Ray Boulton following me will attest to. Good thing you knew the way! So please don't anyone follow me during the London to Brighton Kit car run this June - you'll be lost for sure!
Have a great show tomorrow at Detling

Re: Detling 2007 - Saturday

I was surprised to see so many NGs on Saturday, nice turnout. Some very nice examples on show, I will have to get to work on mine and tidy it up.
I lost fifth gear, so motorway cruising was not as much fun, the fuel gauge moved quicker than normal!!
Anyone got any ideas what the problem can be, I cannot get the gear lever into fifth with the engine off and car stationary?
Engine and gearbox are Rover V8 from a 76 SDI.
Thinking about it, fifth gear has always been difficult to select, requiring a slow positive movement, but know I just get the synchromesh grind when releasing the clutch.

Martin