Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Louvred side panels on Ebay.

Just noticed a pair of louvred side panels for a TF for sale on Ebay, in case anyone is interested!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110117920407&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:UK:1

Re: Louvred side panels on Ebay.

Donnie,

If you really wish to push the boat out there is a complete NG TF on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NG-TF-Sports-car-Blue-wire-wheels-Historic-vehicle_W0QQitemZ290106233508QQihZ019QQcategoryZ29750QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It is located on the Isle of Wight. The seller appears to be having problems uploading photos.

Kind regards,
John.

Ha ha!

Yes, I've got my eye on that - always curious to see what happens to other NGs!

(My wife would certainly have something to say - not repeatable - if I dared... I already have a Marlin (running) and an NG Henley (not...))

Is it just me, or are kit cars selling for ridiculously little money in this country?! Most of the ones which reach anything approaching 'reasonable' money, are going abroad

Re: Re: Louvred side panels on Ebay.

I'm not sure any constructor builds a kit car to make money, I just built mine for intellectual stretch and challenge. I drive mine spring, summer, autumn and winter through wind & rain, and feel sorry for those that only take their cars out on dry days. What a waste. That is the main reason I joined a kit car club at Baldock. They are very active all year round:

http://www.sg7kitcars.co.uk/meetingreports2007.htm

I suspect the reason that kit cars change hands for ridiculous money is that people have lost the ability to fix their own cars, and are frightened of driving the unknown.

I still get a kick out of seeing smiling faces
as I drive past. One day, a group of lads drove alongside and everyone in their Eurobox was busy photographing my little TF from all angles.

I don't care whether the car is now worth £4000 or £10,000 as the pleasure I get it priceless.

Kind regards,
John.

Hi John.

I couldn't agree more with your sentiments regarding kit car ownership!

I suspect there's also a lot of truth in what you say about why many people are wary about taking on a kit car. When I built my first kit some 25 years ago, it was the norm for people of my age to be prepared - and able - to tackle many routine, and some pretty complex, jobs on their own cars. I guess cars were simpler then (and they're more reliable now!)

Cars, in general, are also much cheaper these days. When I built that kit (a Dutton - sorry for cussing) all these years ago, I remember thinking it was actually a cheap way to get a car on the road!

I've just checked out your link - very nice car!

(And who on earth is Meg...)

Re: Re: Louvred side panels on Ebay.

Meg is my wife's West Highland White Terrier.

The boys grew up and left home, and Yvonne retired. Meg was her present to herself. There are photos of her (and us) tucked away in different parts of that website. The Tweens, who are the SG7 driving force, are both kit car & dog owners - hence the photos of our dog on their website.

Possibly see you at Stoneleigh. I will be the grumpy old man with a worried expression, sitting in a chair with a glass of either warm bitter or French red in his hand.

John.

Re: Re: Re: Louvred side panels on Ebay.

In the late 1950s I owned a Morgan 4/4 and I loved it.
It had to go when the RAF posted me to Aden.
I have owned my TF for three and a half years and it constantly reminds me of the Morgan and cost me a quarter to a third of the price I would have had to pay for a second hand Moggie.
Some Kit-car creations are quite bizarre but the NG in particular has got to be amongst the best value. If this weather ( south east ) is a taste of things to come this summer then the value of our cars is bound to rise.