Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Wiper Motor Drive Gear

Hi Guys
Just found a bit of wiper research I did 10 years ago which may help on this problem, but a little experimentation may still be required. All parts should be available from the suppliers, so shop around.

MGB Wiper wheel boxes
Roadster ‘62 - BHA4324
‘63-67 -520275
‘67 onwards 37H7738

GT ‘65 - 67 AAU1073
‘67 onwards AAU1073
(most of these look like Unipart numbers)

Long (21/2”) MGB wheel box has 32 teeth
Short (2”) BL Mini wheel box has 32 teeth

Also available in 40 teeth = Less travel

Wiper motor cranks available from 90deg. - 130deg.

Standard ali screen NG fitting is 95deg.

SVA screen uses the 100deg. Crank. But felt this could be extended to 105deg.at the time.

I do have some further info, but as this is what I used at the time, it should solve your NG problems for you.

Regards - Dave

Re: Wiper Motor Drive Gear

Thanks for the comprehensive reply. It seems that I need the SVA one at 100 Degrees. Thanks

Re: Wiper Motor Drive Gear

Just thought I might resurrect this previous post of mine as I am now at the wiper stage. In the end I bought the windscreen pack from Findhorn as it included all of the extras and by the time I had sourced them it would've cost nearly as much as the pack. The majority of the cost is the windscreen anyway.
I have been studyinhg the wheelboxes and as Dave mentioned above there are different wheel boxes for different MG Models. I spoke with a chap at Moss London (Very Helpful) and he went through the differences. The GT ones have 1.75" spindles whereas the Roadster ones have 2.5" spindles. As my donor was a GT it has the 1.75" ones.
Unfortunatly the bezels and bushes seem not to have a flat angle between them. It appears that the GT scuttle where the wipers come through is profiled. Obviously the NG TF scuttle is flat.

My question is do I need the longer wheel boxes from a Roadster and does the roadster have flat mating surfaces ( albeit at about 45 degrees). I have asked Findhorn and am still awaiting a response.

Thanks in advance.
Pete