Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Differences between TC & TCR

The R stands for racing if I remember correctly. Cant help you with the differences, but can tell you that I converted my TC to a V8 with different springs gas dampers with anti roll bars front and rear, anti tramp bars to rear. Piper cam (hydrolic followers) modified SU carbs, home made manifolds and exhaust system.
Used to sprint and hillclimb it often up against a professionally built TCR but it never beat me. So what im saying is there cant be a lot of difference.
Hope you enjoy the car. Dont pamper it, your right foot will love it. Pedal to the metal.

Re: Re: Differences between TC & TCR

How do you put your pedal to the metal in a fiberglass car, although I do share the sentiment!

Re: Re: Re: Differences between TC & TCR

I seem to recall that the TCR had a reduced box section to the rear of the chassis to save weight and possibly the body was a lighter GRP lay up for the same reason. Other than the addition of the roll bar and required safety equipment I don't think there was a great difference.

Nick Green did race his in early years and I think it was driven by a chap named Chris Alsford. Some testing was also done at Goodwood at the time.

This is all from memory and I do stand to be corrected!

Certainly cars built later, such as Alan Goodbuns TC with the fully IRS, bigger brakes and high spec. engine would be potentially quicker these days. Although having said this, I vividly recall going around Donnington in Alan Dry's race TC with Alan in hot pursuit of the Gardener Douglas road / race Cobra demo which could not shake him. Pretty amazing what this old BMC suspension is still capable of doing!

Dave

hi, I was at donnington park at the kit car event,with alan dry and his ngtcv8.i now own this car and its still going strong and looks great.

Hi Mark,

Any chance of a photo please? I am building up a database of all the NG's I can find.

Regards

Paul

Hi .If you look on ng tc v8 face book page it's on there.