Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Sierra-based Henley TF - front wheel camber.

If you add lenght outboard you will reduce the springs lb per inch rating (it will get softer).

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sierra-based Henley TF - front wheel camber.

Hi Mel.

That's a very good point. However, if it's anything like my Marlin (rock hard...) that would be a good thing!

I'll certainly be trying it out as it is before making any decisions - to be honest, the main reason for me considering it at the moment is cosmetic; it just dinna look good.

I believe the inboard shocks are gas, and might even be adjustable - too dark to look at the mo'!

Cheers.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sierra-based Henley TF - front wheel camber.

Any form of development is like squeezing a kids balloon. Mr. Ford built the Sierra and produced something that was of a fairly regular hypothetical shape and suited the needs of most people under most conditions.

We come along and chuck most of it away and use some bits to build what we want to. It is therefore quite reasonable that we should have to do a fair bit of work to get our patchwork balloon into a consistent shape that suits our needs.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sierra-based Henley TF - front wheel camber.

Ha ha!

I never thought of my NG as a patchwork balloon before...

Actually, for something as fundamental as the suspension, I'd have thought the wonderful Mr Green would have sorted out the camber in his design - he had to come up with a length for the rocker arm; did he really get it wrong?!

Very strange.

Or did Pastiche do this part of the job, I wonder?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sierra-based Henley TF - front wheel camber.

The recent Moss catalogue that plumeted through my letter box shows a simple camber / caster guage for £39.95 pt no. ccG001 www.moss-europe.co.uk

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sierra-based Henley TF - front wheel camber.

I have a pastiche henley,apparently factory built,the front wheels look vertical to me,certainly no discernable camber

Re: Sierra-based Henley TF - front wheel camber.

Lidl have had a digital spirit level on offer a few times £24. Measures down to 1/10 of a degree, great for suspension set up.

Re: Sierra-based Henley TF - front wheel camber.

Thanks for the suggestions, Dave and Mel.

That's interesting, Tony. A 'tweak' is definitely on the cards then!

Looking at the top 'rocker' arm, I think it should be relatively straight-forward to add an adjustable sliding section on top to allow full adjustment.

That job is still a way off tho'!