Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Engine cuts stops after 30 seconds

Hi Mike. The connections on the coil would not cause your problem, If the connections are reversed it would just mean that the spark will jump from the outside of the plug to the centre. The car would run but not as well as when the spark goes thhe other way. When you were fiddling with the fuel gauge did you have the ignition swith on. With points ignition if the ignition is left on and the points have stopped in the closed condition then the coil will overheat and the internal insulation can break down. The coil is made to work with a pulse supply and not constant DC. I would suggest that possibly the coil is damged and therefore small amount of temperature will affect it's operation. Try borrowing a coil known to be good to substitute the original. Hope this helps

Buying a used NG TC R V8

Hi
I am going to look at a NGTCRV8 with a possible prchase in mind and was wondering if any of you guys could give me any tips on what to look out for.
Thanks in advance.
Rob

Re: Buying a used NG TC R V8

You can actually drive it, the pedal area is small, so big feet and shoes are out, at least they are in mine.
I have a narrow pair of trainers I wear for driving my car.
Engine and gearbox for rattles and oil leaks.
Oil pressure, I am assuming it is a rover V8. Oil pressure is low in these engines, but should reach 20-30 when warm.
Suspension wise, if MGB based, all parts are easily obtainable.
Other than that, if it doesn't feel right, walk away.
Out of interest, is it the blue one that was on Ebay recently?
You may also want to start this thread again as a new one.
Hope this helps.

Martin

Re: Re: Buying a used NG TC R V8

Thanks Martin,
Yes it is the blue one on e-bay,rover 3.5 haven't owned one before so all is new to me,will bear in mind what you've advised.
Thanks again.