Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NG TCR V8

Hi Rob
Welcome to NGTCV8 ownership and many miles listening to that lovely burble.
Mines a bit unwell at the moment, will not select 5th gear, I am hoping it is the knackered bushes on the gearbox remote. I have got some poly ones from Rimmers, just got to get round to fitting them. With the nice weather at the moment I am putting up with 4th as my top gear.

Martin

Re: Re: NG TCR V8

Hi Martin,
Thanks for your welcome,yes I agree with you about the roar,never driven any car like it before.
Sorry to hear about your 5th gear hope you get it fixed soon.
I'm having a new clutch I had a real wrestling match trying to get it through the gears,also renewing ht leads etc.
Can't wait to get it back.
Any idea how many TCRs are still in use?
I'll drop you an e-mail if thats OK when I get back from my short break.
Rob.

Re: Re: Re: NG TCR V8

5th gear has now returned, in fact all the gears are much more precise, thanks to the fitting of Rimmer poly bushes on the gearbox remote. The rubber ones on mine had perished and fallen out!
Went to a local classic car show today. NG created a lot of interest. Took the very long way home through the lanes and various villages, great fun.
Martin

Re: Re: Re: Re: NG TCR V8

Martin,
Thanks for your info on gears and Rimmer poly bushes,I'll bear that in mind when I hear what the result of the new clutch is.
Still in garage unfortunately.
Bob.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NG TCR V8

Martin,
Further to your last post regarding Rimmer poly bushes,who was your supplier.
Rob.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NG TCR V8

Hi Rob
I got them from Rimmer Brothers, this is the link.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/cgi-bin/rimmer?findpart&Part
ID=UKC854POLY&Page=rover/sd1/transmission-manual

I only needed to replace the lower ones to fix my problem, despite the upper ones need doing, but they are a body off or gearbox out job! Maybe I could cut inspection panels in the tunnel instead.

Rimmer Brothers stock every single part for the SDI 5 speed box.

Martin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NG TCR V8

Hi Martin,
Great help thanks.
Rob