Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spax conversion kits for TF

I thought I'd post this for info just in case anybody may be considering this for themselves. Please bear in mind that my suspension (such as it was) was very very knackered. I had severe corrosion in both leaf springs, one of which had a snapped off fixing at the chassis end and a snapped/corroded through centre bolt. The rear shock absorber link arms had seized also. Front shocks and springs were just tired.

However...I have fitted both front and rear kits and used refurbished shocks without valves for the front as top links. I am extremely pleased with the outcome, and I would say that if I hadn't experienced my car in the state it was prior to fitting these parts I would be as equally pleased with it. That is to say not feeling that I need to achieve something better.

Both front and rear are set at #9 and the ride is firm, but not hard and extremely well controlled. I have rear springs from MGOC prt. no. GSV1006 and front springs were prt. no. AHH6451. All standard Roadster parts. Also fitted V8 bushes to wishbones. It must be noted that build quality of leaf springs from MGOC was very high. Well packed for shipping also.

I accept that ride sensation is a personal thing, but I also believe that most people would be very happy with the resultant ride from fitting this equipment.

Hope this is useful info.