Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Chasis Plate

Hi David,

There is no specific place for it as all builders choose their own location, mine is on the o/s chassis brace. Sorry not much help
Mark

Re: Re: Chasis Plate

Mine is on the passenger bulkhead, but I suspect it was purely up to the builder.

Re: Re: Re: Chasis Plate

Thanks! Car is at MOT and the chasis plate we nowhere to be found the builder (NG Cars) must have forgotten it. Made one up in the end. Cheers

Re: Re: Re: Re: Chasis Plate

Further to the above which are all correct depending on when and who built the car, if it is a car that was built by NG and it is propably stamped on the chassis under the front wing. The requirement is that a number is stamped onto the actual chassis rather than a removeable part such as a torque brace.

What some do is to stamp the chassis and the apply a second, 'quick reference' reproduction MG plate to the torque brace or body. It is a good idea to include paint colour code if you are building.

Whatever, buy or borrow a set of number punches and stamp the chassis if you can't find the number.

Cheers - Dave