Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fitting Oil Cooler to TC

Horizontal under the front valance with a small scoop / duct to direct air up and through it. This seems to work, keeps the cooler out of harms way and hides it away to the casual observer.

Re: Re: Fitting Oil Cooler to TC

Many thanks Dave,

Do you happen to have a pic of the installation by chance?
John

Re: Re: Re: Fitting Oil Cooler to TC

Hi John
Sorry, I do not. It was on the nightfire red TC V8 demo.

I made a couple of brackets to support the cooler horizontal out in front of the cross member (could have been fron the rack mountings) and the ali scoop that directed air up into it was fixed to them. What some have done is mount the oil cooler vertically and drill 3 - 4 holes in the valance to allow air flow when the number plate is removed. My fitting seemed to work okay and still allowed the number plate to be retained at all times. The oil thermostat bracket was fitted to the n/s chassis leg, just to the rear of the radiator.

Hope that helps - Dave

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fitting Oil Cooler to TC

Thanks Dave - that is all very helpful info.

Cheers,
John