Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Eureka

Hi Mark, thanks for the offer. I'll give you a call.

I fitted the new gasket and oil pipe adapter and tried again.

Success. I finally have oil pressure. But now I can't get the engine to fire properly. Must be carb related as I fiddled with those whilst waiting for the gasket. When I say fiddled I mean that I set them up by the Haynes manual. Must be straight forward (I hope).

Nearly there!!!!!!!!

Excellent news, Peter.

That's really quite frightening - that the wrong gasket (when given a choice of two!) should have such a dramatic effect.

Good luck with the carbs!

Re: Re: Eureka

Hi Peter. I've not looked at the forum for a few days, I see you've solved the oil problem, if the engine is running hot it can be a result of it running weak. I see you've "played". with the carbs. I.ve got a carb balancing tool give me a call if you want to borrow it or a hand setting it up.

Ok

Now the car has started ok, and I need to "tweek" and balance the carbs. I have fixed the tacho. There are two white wires from the bullets. One to the Ign. switch and the other to the coil. The male bullet needs to go to the switch and the female to the coil. As the current would've been flowing the wrong way through the induction wire I may've been getting "negative revs!" or a diode could've just cancelled out the induced current.

Now off to tweek the timing and dwell angles.

Nearly there

A big thank you to Mark Staley.

He visited this morning and helped me setup my dwell angle, timing, tappets and carbs. The engine runs sweetly now, not run-on and a good tickover. So much so that I drove it into the garage when finished. Can't wait to get all of the electrics working now. Just need to save up the fortune to buy a Findhorn windscreen.

Then the paint shop, then the trim, then the SVA.

I can almost see the finishing line now.

Thanks again Mark.

Re: Re: Eureka

You can almost see the finishing line? You must have good eyesight...

(The journey is (almost) as much fun as arriving!)

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Agreed, I have to have "mini victories" to keep me going, and also if I couldn't see the finishing line, then what's the point in going on, even if it is a miniscule dot on the the drifting horizon.

LOL