Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Seats and stuff

Try this website for your seat type http://www.interiorsseating.co.uk/worldclassseating/index.html i also have a tc v8 Ned.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Seats and stuff

Get thee behind me! I am already tempted by the V8 conversion, although I am not sure if it would gain much over the straight six. Thanks for the tips. I will check out Rimmer.

v8 tc

Nothing nicer than the sound of a v8

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Seats and stuff

Hi Ian.

My TF Henley came with Cobra Supaform seats fitted - model 'Sports Car Recliner'. These are nicely traditional in appearance, especially if you remove the headrests which are a bit 'boxy'.

They were an easy fit in the car, but don't forget the Henley is around 4" wider than the MG-based versions.

I THINK they were around 450mm wide, but this should be easy to confirm via their website www.cobraseats.com

They tilt and recline and felt pretty comfy, if a tad soft for my personal liking - you'd obviously need to confirm they're suitable for yourself! (Bear in mind my set were around 10 years old, although barely used.)

Cobra have just reintroduced them at £499 per pair in LEATHER, delivered, which strikes me as being pretty reasonable.

'Why can't you comment further on your own set' I hear you ask! Well, I sold them because I discovered I could - just - squeeze in a pair of modern MG TF seats into the Henley and, boy, are they comfy!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Seats and stuff

Hi again, Ian.

I've just had a look on the Cobra website and they've yet to have pictures of the newly-reintroduced 'Sports Car' model placed on there.

If you think it might be if interest, I can email you photos of the ones I had - I took photos of them for when I sold them on Ebay!

I suspect the new ones will be nicer still! I'm sure they can send you a brochure too, with samples of the coverings.

There are other options, of course: try Midland Wheels, I believe they do a 'traditional' seat. Also Corbeau do slim seats, I believe.

Most, however, are silly money...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Seats and stuff

Thanks Guys!,

Unfortunately £500 is a bit heavy for me right now, so I may be living with the NG ones for a bit, and a cushion!

Ian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Seats and stuff

Hi again, Ian.

There are certainly cheaper options:

http://www.midlandwheels.com/kolist/1/Seats/Mws/Cub

These look nice enough, but I can't comment on comfort, etc. Also, they're vinyl, which is probably ok as long as you don't have to drive too far in hot weather...

However, if you're car is ultimately 'worth it', I'd be tempted to make do with what you have now - using a cushion as you suggest, or taking up Ned's offer of info on re-padding - until finances stretch to a decent leather pair which tilt and recline. Ie: better wait, rather than blow half your budget on a 'second-rate' set.

Only my opinion, of course

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Seats and stuff

Oh, and another idea...

Have you seen the back seats of MPV-ish cars such as the Fiat Ultima, Peugeot SW, etc? They often have three spilt seats which are individual & look really comfy!

Main problem is they are usually in pretty garish colours...

Just thinking, if you had a large vehicle dismantlers nearby, could be worth a look.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Seats and stuff

A for example: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-307-Sw-3rd-rowl-seats_W0QQitemZ320181110229QQihZ011QQcategoryZ10406QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem