Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NG TC resto/ side exhaust manifolds

Hi to all, I am in the process of trying to restore a 23 year old TC, the poor old thing is in bits at the mo after many weeks of bruised knuckles etc trying to remove all the rusty shed bolts and self tappers. I am not an expert in these matters and I am in need of many parts it would seem, the poor car is like Frankenstein's monster and although is coming on is in need of a rear axle, some springs but above all a pair of side exit exhausts, (like the car featured in the photo section built by the Lewis bro's). If anyone can help me source a pair of these, in whatever condition, rusty or not, I would be very grateful, maybe you have recently replaced a pair or are about too? not too bothered about holes as I plan to cover in that heat tape stuff! My axle is pretty sorry and several of the bolts have sheared off in the casing, its very badly pitted as well. As for the springs, well I am just wondering if anyone has a good idea of what is best to use here? I would have thought standard MGB springs designed for a much heavier car would be a bit bouncy?
Ok, I think I have waffled long enough now, I would very much appreciate any help or advice on my TC, my budjet is minimal and my knowledge matches!
I am doing my best though! :o)
If anyone is interested I have taken a few pics of the story so far and can send if wanted!
Many thanks,
Scott

Re: NG TC resto/ side exhaust manifolds

Scott I have replied to your e.mail, good luck with your project and keep us posted

Mark