Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Detling 12/13 April

I wonder what effect fuel price and road tax will have on the bigger engined kit cars and car shows?

I and friends have V8 engined kits and cars, previously we would have traveled in our own cars to shows, but now, especially the further away shows, we will more than likely all jump into one euro box to visit the show and between us save a fortune, not as much fun I know.

Martin

Re: Detling 12/13 April

Which day is the favourite then? Who's going when - Saturday or Sunday? Or do we wait to see what the weather is doing!

Re: Re: Detling 12/13 April

As no-one is rushing to help Chris choose a preferred day at Detling, I'm tempted to go on Sunday.

SG7 Kit Car Club meet up at Baldock tomorrow, and snow is predicted. I seem to have spent more time driving in poor weather this year. It still puts a huge smile on my face, and the reason I built my TF.

Re: Re: Re: Detling 12/13 April

I will be going Saturday unless the weather report decides otherwise.

Re: Re: Re: Detling 12/13 April

That'll teach me to jump in with both feet. She who must be obeyed tells me I can only go to Detling on Saturday.

I have to babysit our westie throughout the kit car show.

If you see an old man with a very wet white highland terrier, near a green TF, please say hello.

It's obvious who wears the trousers in this household.

John.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Detling 12/13 April

Weather permitting I will be in a green NGTCV8 that could do with a bit of TLC, but driving it is too much fun to take it off the road.

Martin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Detling 12/13 April

Well, I went on Saturday, 3 x NGs on the club stand (there were a lot more last year), 2 x TCs and a TF, all green. Did not see the owners though.
Two other NGs not on the club stand.
Mixed weather, sun and rain (lots of it).
Show was ok but I suspect the weather kept a lot away.
I bought some switches for when I eventually rebuild my dashboard.
Got wet on the way home, aero screens, rain and 70mph is not a good mix.

Martin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Detling 12/13 April

Sorry to have missed you, Martin.

I chatted briefly to Alan Goodbun (however does he keep his car in such a fantastic condition,) and another club member I've not met before. His cream TF was very popular. It was a nice suprise to meet up with other friends from the SG7 kitcar club - these guys are very active in all weathers, and seem to get everywhere.

The quality of manufacturers cars are constantly improving, but sadly so are their prices. It was good to find that dogs are allowed inside the main hall.

Following a thunderstorm whilst in the main building I put the hood up for the return journey and wished I hadn't. As I drove north I left the clouds behind and drove through clear blue skies and found it far too warm.

Meg enjoyed the 200 mile round journey. She slept with her head over the transmission tunnel, but that's dogs for you.

John.