Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Calling NG Owners in Northwest England

I am posting this in order to gauge interest in a potential opportunity for an informal gathering of NGs in early September, for those of us who don't usually manage to meet up with other NG owners.

As a member of the West Lancs MG Owners Club (as well as the NG Owners Club) I am part of the organising committee for this year's West Lancs Festival of Transport which has been going from strength to strength for the past eight years. This years show will be held on Sunday 7th September 2008 at the Leisure Lakes, Mere Brow, near Tarleton, Lancashire, just to the north of Southport.

Last year saw nearly 400 static entrants including classic cars, commercials, motorbikes, fire engines, military vehicles and steam engines. In addition a further 50 cars took part in a morning run of about 60 miles.

Information about our previous shows can be found on the West Lancs MG club website at www.westlancsmg.co.uk

We are in the middle of planning this year's show and providing I get enough interest I can reserve a dedicated area as an NG "club stand". Entrance to the show is free for exhibitors, there is a £10 charge per car if anyone wants to take part in the run. Visitors to the show are charged £5 for entry with proceeds going to the Derian House children's hospice.

If any NG owners in the northwest area (or further afield if you are happy to travel) feel this would be a worthwhile opportunity to meet up then please let me know either through the forum or via the above email address.

If I can get a provisional commitment from at least 4 or 5 then I can reserve a club space. I can send entrance forms out to all interested and would ask that they be returned through me so that I can co-ordinate any attendance we might have.

For anyone interested, whilst the show is on Sunday we do tend to hold an evening of entertainment, BBQ and "refreshments" on the Saturday night for any hardy folk who wish to camp out.

I look forward to hearing whether anyone is interested. Please let me know if any further information is required.

Chris Nelson, Southport (NG TD)

Re: Calling NG Owners in Northwest England

Hi Chris.
sounds like a good idea.Have a v8 tf and a T.A would be interested in a more local show,am based in Darewn Lancs but usually go to the shows in the Yorkshire area,would be good to meet up with more local club members.you can contact me via e-mail or mobile no. 07771 807 250
cheers Nick.

Re:Calling NG Owners in Northwest England

Hi Chris
Provisionally count me in!! Local it ain't but keen to attend, also have a lot of family in the area so good excuse for weekend away also able to stay in Heskin so not far to travel on the day, Keep us posted
Regards
Ed Powell