Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fan Cut in temperatures.Stat temperatures

If you use a control stat from a boiler it would be best fitted at the bottom of the rad as the max temp is normally 80c.
Going off on a tangent, I have a sensor directly in the coolant on the head side of the thermostat with a digital gauge (not an NG).
I have found that the 82c stat normally opens at around 90/92c then the temperature drops in under 10 seconds with the stat closing at 82c and the cycle starting again to control the temperature.

Re: Re: Fan Cut in temperatures.Stat temperatures

Thanks for that, i do know with boiler stats the common Ranco types,fitted to 90% of pre electronics and thermistor sensor control ie twist and click are available as 90, and 100.They are identical construction to most sold as electric fan controllers.
I use an electrical temp gauge as well, and the 88 water stat opens approx 88 , and when i tried it in a pan on the hob with a laboratry thermometer it opened at 88, i wouldnt be surprised if the quality varies a great deal.
So many pattern parts that are supposedly OE quality are Shi*e
what do you think would be a good temp to have my rad bottom tank fan switch at, im going to try an 88 on 76 off one from a lancia.