Welcome to the PC-Brake Accident Reconstruction practitioner forum. Anyone can post a message. Have a question about a case? Want to share your ideas to help others? Perhaps you have a comment? The PC-Brake Accident Reconstruction practitioner forum is where accident reconstruction is discussed.
Obviously, I love how SAE put my book together. There are some minor printing mistakes.
1. Figure 6-5 should be Figure 6-8 of the 2nd. ed.
2. Equ. 2-4 has the Greek letter alpha missing where the "-" is.
3. Page 48: Figure 2-17 should read Figure 2-7.
4. Page 98: Ref. 3.12 should be Ref. 1.4.
5. Page 260: Section 7.13.2 should read Section 7.12.2
I have a question. I want to predict the Brake Effectiveness (Pedal effort vs Deceleration, Pedal stroke vs Deceleration) of a vehicle equipped with an ABS. Which formula is used?
Is it the same as the formula for Brake effectiveness of a vehicle with a Propositioning Valve?
In addition, I would like to ask you to refer to "3rd Edition of Brake Design & Safety".