Return to Website

PC-Brake Accident Reconstruction Forum

Welcome to the PC-Brake Accident Reconstruction practitioner forum.   Anyone can post a message.  Have a question about a case?  Want to share your ideas to help others?  Perhaps you have a comment?  The PC-Brake Accident Reconstruction practitioner forum is where accident reconstruction is discussed.

PC-Brake Accident Reconstruction Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 3rd edition of Brake Design & Safety

Dear all,

I am studying Single Vehicle Braking Dynamics, and I would like to know how to obtain the equation 7.9 for the optimum rear braking force from the equation 7.8 and 7.7a.

Thank you so much for your attention

Best Regards;
Marcio Palitti

Mr. Paletti, please e-mail a short note to prosourc@xmission.com so I can demonstrate the derivation of Eq. 7-9.

Where are you located?
Best wishes
Rudy LImpert

Marcio, did you ever get your problem solved with deriving the equations?

Hello.
I have a question. I want to predict the Brake Effectiveness (Pedal effort vs Deceleration, Pedal stroke vs Deceleration) of a vehicle equipped with an ABS. Which formula is used?
Is it the same as the formula for Brake effectiveness of a vehicle with a Propositioning Valve?
In addition, I would like to ask you to refer to "3rd Edition of Brake Design & Safety".

Mr. Lee, please e-mail me at prosourc@xmission.com. This way I can better explain.
Thanks, Rudy Limpert