Return to Website

PC-Brake Accident Reconstruction Forum

Welcome to the PC-Brake Accident Reconstruction practitioner forum.   Anyone can post a message.  Have a question about a case?  Want to share your ideas to help others?  Perhaps you have a comment?  The PC-Brake Accident Reconstruction practitioner forum is where accident reconstruction is discussed.

PC-Brake Accident Reconstruction Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of my friends. May your drag factor always be with you.

My first trial testimony in a death case in Salt Lake City was in the early 1970s. A young driver drove at a speed of about 110 on a 60 mph highway, skidded for about 90 ft before impact, knocked the right-of-way car about 100 ft down the road, the car itself travelled about 60 ft after impact. the investigating UHP-officer only used the precrash skid marks to "compute" a speed at impact at a level of the legal speed limit. After the driver told at school how the cops could not figure his actual speed of nearly 110 mph, the lawyer for the killed small boy in the right front seat came to the University of Utah to speak with someone who knew engineering. He came to me, and Dr. Rudy Limpert recon activity began. The expert on the other side was a local police officer, he lost. He never had hear of the fundamental energy balance concept.
Then I also wrote my recon book. This crash is written up in my book. If you have any questions, call (801-201-2532) or e-mail me. Lawyers can call also.