Student-to-Student Message Board

This is a message board for the sole use of registered students of the Midwest School of Herbal Studies. As an MWSHS student, do you: Want to find a "study buddy"? Share an herbal healing experience? Ask other students how to make a certain herbal preparation or for their insight on the particulars of a difficult herbal-healing case that you are handling? Then, feel free to submit a post!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
getting in touch with publisher of Matt's book

Has anyone tried e-mailing Old theology Book House regarding getting a copy of Matt's book Edible and Medicinal Wild Plants of the Midwest and gotten a reply back from them? I e-mailed interest in the book, but got no reply, so am looking for suggestions? Thanks.

Re: getting in touch with publisher of Matt's book

Update: received an e-mail from the publisher a few days aftrer posting my message- all is well.

I was wondering about getting a copy of that book as well, can you tell me what you found out?

Hello, I am very much interested in purchasing that book,as well,but have not been able to locate a copy, or get a response from anyone regarding where I might find one. What did you find out, if I may ask, in your search? Any leads you might share?

Erin, sorry I do not check the message board often, but here is what I know. I originally sent an e-mail to viskichi@aol.com expressing interest in Matt's book. On March 17, I received the reply copied below, but I have heard nothing since. If you are interested in getting a pre-publication rate, I would e-mail them quickly- maybe you could get an update on when they expect to have it printed, too?

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the soon-to-be-published book by Matthew Alfs entitled Edible & Medicinal Wild Plants of the Midwest. This will be a beautiful, oversized softcover book with a reinforced binding. At this moment, we are awaiting determination on the pagination and reception of the final manuscript from the author, both of which should be available to us by the end of this month. Then, once pricing has been determined based upon the quote that we receive from our printer/binder, we will be sending you a pre-publication offer at a significantly reduced price and then will ship your order once we receive shipment from our printer here at Old Theology Book House. Stay tuned: The best is yet to come! -- Best Wishes from the Marketing Dept. at Old Theology Book House

For those wondering, I noticed today that the publisher now has Matthew's new book posted on their website. It's $45. Here's the link. http://oldtheologybookhouse.com/prod01.htm

I got 2