Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
m
Maggie
Retroactive Combat Action badges pushed
http://www.legion.org/whatsnew/publications/newsletter/story?id=599 The American Legion Online Retroactive Combat Action badges pushed Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite, R-Fla., recently introduced legislation to retroactively award the Army Combat Action Badge to those...
Views: 346   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 7, 2008 1:25pm
by jinks
j
jeffro
The American Infantray Man
Retiree Kirk Johnson wrote of the American infantry man, The average age of the Infantryman is 19 years. He is a short haired, tight-muscled kid who, under normal circumstances is considered by society as half man, half boy. Not yet dry behind the ears, not old e...
Views: 280   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 6, 2008 5:15pm
by jinks
j
Joy
Walter C Uhler on Why
Bush's inability to grow was the consequence of having everything in life handed to him - including the presidency - and of having every mistake mitigated by his parents, business associates or Republican party sycophants. As Ann Richards famously observed: Bush "was...
Views: 214   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 6, 2008 11:45am
by Duane
OPPS: Pentagon says it mistakenly sent missile parts to Taiwan
Seems what I am gathering this happened 2-3 years ago, and our government just found out. I hope that is not what I heard. Wonder how many copies they made before notifying us. Listen live http://www.cnn.com/video/live/live.html?stream=stream3
Views: 245   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 5, 2008 1:31pm
by jinks
The Big Picture
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3340274697167011147
Views: 205   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2008 7:13am
by John R...
Cheney apologizes for inbreeding joke, but not for...
Dick Cheney has apologized for an inbreeding joke about West Virginia. That's wonderful. The problem is, how about all the things Cheney has NOT apologized for? Like... *Politicizing science *Running his super-secret, "Kenny Boy" and ExxonMobil-dominated energ...
Views: 217   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 4, 2008 7:58pm
by grant
US May Buy Brazilian Fighters
SAO PAULO, Brazil - Brazilian aircraft manufacturer Embraer is participating in preliminary negotiations to sell the U.S. government eight 314-B1 Super Tucano light attack and training planes for use in Iraq, the company said June 2. Embraer also confirmed that i...
Views: 274   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 4, 2008 6:37am
by SSGMike.Ivy
j
jinks
VA Staffer To Testify Over PTSD E-Mail
VA Staffer To Testify Over PTSD E-Mail The hearing starts at 9:30am (Eastern) and will be webcast live at this web address... http://www.veterans.senate .gov/public/index.cfm?pageid=16#Upcoming -------------------------------------------------------------...
Views: 214   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 3, 2008 10:37am
by jinks
d
Duane
obama leaves his church!!!
tday Barack Hussien Obama announced that he is leaving his Church ( United trinity Church) in chicago. The organization the gave him the base to start his political career along with william ayers and bernadette dorn. Famous for being terrorists. They placed bombs i...
Views: 291   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 2, 2008 7:39pm
by John R...
d
Duane
Michelle O bama above criticism(and no doubt Barack Hussien Obama)
Im sure everyone has heard seen Michelle Obamas speech in Wisconsin in which she said that for the first time in her life she was proud of her country. And when she said the U S was a downright mean country. She neglected to say that both she and her husband got la...
Views: 382   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 2, 2008 11:48am
by Duane
Today is Memorial Day, May 30th
Today is Memorial Day and should be honored on May 30th as it is supposed to. Forget 3 DAY weekends, bbq's etc those you can have everyday if you wish. Memorial Day is to honor our brave men and women who have gone before us. =====================================...
Views: 319   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 1, 2008 5:00pm
by JackB
j
jeffro
May 25 1968
stand in honor for the brave souls that stood and fought on that Hill FSB29 in the central highlands. With a bowed head for the 17 out of C co that fought there last fight. And for the 56 wounded standing there ground. for Gods grace and forever humble for t...
Views: 279   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 30, 2008 6:59pm
by SSGMike.ivy
m
Maggie
Body of War on PBS
If you haven't seen this yet, I recommend it.....excellent viewing. Bill Moyers fantastic one hour special on Body of War will be re-broadcast on PBS nationwide tomorrow, May 30th. Check your local listings for broadcast time.
Views: 247   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 29, 2008 5:28pm
by Maggie
d
Duane
Barack Hussien Obama tells americans they cant drive their SUVs
Remember a few days ago Obama said that Americans could no longer drive their S U Vs, eat full meals without asking permissions from india or some other country? Well tonight on the news he was taped getting into his car. Guess what it was . Was it a rickshaw ,was...
Views: 362   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 29, 2008 1:16pm
by Duane
Post-Traumatic Stress Soars in US Troops
Washington - Newly diagnosed cases of post-traumatic stress disorder among U.S. troops sent to Iraq and Afghanistan surged 46.4 percent in 2007, bringing the five-year total to nearly 40,000, according to U.S. military data released on Tuesday. The statistics,...
Views: 295   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 29, 2008 6:41am
by John R...
m
Maggie
StandUp4Vets.org
Stand Up for Veterans. They Stood Up for Us. More than 300,000 of our military service personnel and veterans are returning from Iraq and Afghanistan with serious wounds and permanent disabilities. Yet the federal government is not providing sufficient, timely, an...
Views: 182   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 27, 2008 11:34pm
by Maggie
m
Maggie
Scholarships for Iraq/Afghanistan Vets
Found on Military.com: University Offers 50% Vet Scholarship Starting this fall, Pace University will offer a 50 percent tuition scholarship to U.S. military veterans who have served in Afghanistan and/or Iraq from 2001 to the present. The scholarship is open t...
Views: 246   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 27, 2008 11:26pm
by Maggie
Purple Heart for PTSD
Gates: Purple Heart for PTSD 'Needs to Be Looked At' By Donna Miles American Forces Press Service WASHINGTON, May 5, 2008 - With growing recognition of the toll post-traumatic stress disorder has taken on U.S. forces, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said...
Views: 414   Replies: 15
Last Post: May 25, 2008 5:33pm
by SSGMike.ivy
d
Duane
Democrat calls for govt takeover of the oil industry
Today in a house of rep. hearing about high oil prices. Rep Maxine Waters of calif made the stement that the (so called Big oil co.s ) should be taken over by the govt. Now she is way to the left of Josef Stalin Hugo Chaves but im sure that she was speaking for mos...
Views: 334   Replies: 14
Last Post: May 25, 2008 1:02pm
by Duane
j
jinks
Advice to Stop PTSD Diagnoses Triggers Probe
Advice to Stop PTSD Diagnoses Triggers Probe by Libby Lewis Morning Edition · More and more military veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan are seeking help and compensation for post-traumatic stress disorder. That has created concern by veteran...
Views: 240   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 25, 2008 11:06am
by jinks
j
jinks
Bill on female vets gets VA thumbs-down
Bill on female vets gets VA thumbs-down LES BLUMENTHAL lblumenthal@mcclatchydc.com WASHINGTON – The Department of Veterans Affairs said Wednesday that it opposes much of Sen. Patty Murray’s bill to improve care for female veterans, even as the...
Views: 201   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 24, 2008 9:52pm
by jinks
m
Maggie
Missing In Action
http://www.americanprogressaction.org/progressreport Missing In Action On Monday, the nation will join its nearly 24 million veterans in remembering the American heroes who have lost their lives in war. Yesterday, the Senate honored U.S. troops by passing a 21st...
Views: 296   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 24, 2008 9:26pm
by jinks
m
Maggie
Memorial Day Tribute
http://www.military.com/memorial-day/harley-davidson-tribute/?ESRC=navy.nl Harley Davidson & Military.com ---- nice tribute.
Views: 227   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 24, 2008 10:56am
by Robert Ryan
j
jeffro
Support your troops
Hey I will lead the parade to the airport for her. > > I Love This Comeback > One of my sons serves in the military. He is > stationed stateside, here in California He called me > yesterday to let me know how warm and welcoming people were > to him and his tr...
Views: 276   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 20, 2008 8:36pm
by Mad Doc
j
Joy
Factor military duty into criticism
chicagotribune.com Factor military duty into criticism By Lawrence Korb April 3, 2008 By Lawrence Korb and Ian Moss In 1961, a young African-American man, after hearing President John F. Kennedy's challenge to, "Ask not what your country can do for...
Views: 459   Replies: 20
Last Post: May 18, 2008 11:17pm
by Duane
Thanks to a $750,000 grant by U.S. Sen. Barack Obama
Benedictine University Offers Free Education to Military Veterans Lisle, Illinois ~ They fight insurgents and build schools in Iraq and Afghanistan, but today’s veterans face an even greater battle at home – affording a decent college education. Th...
Views: 332   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 14, 2008 3:15pm
by SSGMike.Ivy
Independent Living
Does anyone know what this program is about through the VA. I am 100% unemployable. I have to go see someone at the VA tomorrow about this program. Anyone know what this is?
Views: 262   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 13, 2008 8:29pm
by grant
Combat Infantrymen's Association [CIB ]
For those who earned and wear the CIB proudly, but are unaware that the CIA exists. The Combat Infantrymen's Association, Inc. is the All Ground Association. We are the first to designate the use of military titles to the Association's officers and non-commissio...
Views: 376   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 13, 2008 8:07pm
by grant
j
jinks
U.S. Army’s ’stop-loss’ orders up dramatically over last year
U.S. Army’s ’stop-loss’ orders up dramatically over last year by VFA on May 9, 2008 Julian E. Barnes, Los Angeles Times The jump coincides with the extension of combat tours from 12 to 15 months. The number of soldiers forced to remain in th...
Views: 161   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 13, 2008 1:51pm
by jinks
j
jinks
VA Retreats on Voter Registration Efforts for Wounded Veterans
VA Retreats on Voter Registration Efforts for Wounded Veterans By Steven Rosenfeld AlterNet The Department of Veterans Affairs has retreated on a recently announced policy to allow voter registration drives at its facilities where veterans' groups and othe...
Views: 237   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 12, 2008 10:37pm
by Robert Ryan
j
jinks
Congress eyes dramatic expansion of GI bill
Congress eyes dramatic expansion of GI bill By ANNE FLAHERTY – May 12, 2008 3 hours ago WASHINGTON (AP) — Congressional Democrats are pushing what could become the most dramatic expansion of college aid for military veterans since World War II, with...
Views: 176   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 12, 2008 12:09pm
by jinks
VA Changes Agent Orange Claims, Benefits Veterans
Veteran Affair's Change to Agent Orange Claims May Aid Veterans by Chris Roberts, El Paso Times Veterans Affairs has started taking claims for hypertension related to Agent Orange exposure, but it will determine at a later date whether the claims will be honored...
Views: 217   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 12, 2008 7:51am
by SSGMike.Ivy
j
jinks
Why am I not surprised
Why am I not surprised Some War Dead Were Cremated at Facility Handling Pets By Ann Scott Tyson Washington Post Staff Writer The U.S. military has, since 2001, cremated some of the remains of American service members killed in Iraq, Afghanistan and...
Views: 239   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 11, 2008 11:11am
by jinks
OPPS: McCain Convention Chief Tied to Burma's Junta Quits
A Convention Quandary By Michael Isikoff Newsweek Monday 19 May 2008 Issue John McCain's choice to manage the GOP convention this summer is lobbyist Doug Goodyear, whose firm once represented Burma's repressive regime. After John McCain...
Views: 243   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 11, 2008 8:14am
by SSGMike.Ivy
40 years
Ago Dr.King was assinated. Like a lot of us on this forum I was in Vietnam. Rest in Peace Dr. King.
Views: 313   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 10, 2008 7:23pm
by grant
j
Joy
Nobody Loves You Like Mama Does
Nobody loves you like Mama does By Garrison Keillor International Herald Tribune Wednesday, May 7, 2008 The last time I witnessed a woman becoming a mother, it wasn't anything like the frilly sentiments of Mother's Day. She lay on her back, perspiring heavily an...
Views: 135   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 10, 2008 5:35pm
by Maggie
m
Maggie
Interactive Version of The Wall--AWESOME
I don't know if anyone has posted this here, as I haven't visited very often during the last few months, so if this "old news", sorry for the double post. Maggie Interactive version of The Wall Interactive Version of Vietnam War Memorial Site Launched (UNCLAS...
Views: 347   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 10, 2008 8:09am
by Maggie
Iraqi army says Iraqi al-Qaida leader arrested
By PATRICK QUINN Associated Press Writer AP Photo/KARIM KADIM Advertisement Documents Kevin James Plea Agreement in Southern California Terror Plot (Dec. 14, 2007) Levar Haley Washington Plea Agreement in Southern California...
Views: 213   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 9, 2008 1:11pm
by Mad Doc
j
jinks
U.S. deploys more than 43,000 unfit for combat
U.S. deploys more than 43,000 unfit for combat By Gregg Zoroya USA TODAY WASHINGTON — More than 43,000 U.S. troops listed as medically unfit for combat in the weeks before their scheduled deployment to Iraq or Afghanistan since 2003 were sent anyway...
Views: 205   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 9, 2008 11:44am
by jinks
Does this matter to you?
From the LA Times Sen. John McCain has long said he is in robust health and is strong enough to hike the Grand Canyon, but he also is receiving what his staff Monday termed a "disability pension" from the Navy. When McCain released his tax return for 2007 on Fr...
Views: 497   Replies: 27
Last Post: May 8, 2008 8:36pm
by grant
j
jeffro
Rose colored glasses
Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA) Program. He promised: 1.) That participation in the program would be completely voluntary, 2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of their annual incomes into...
Views: 329   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 8, 2008 3:41pm
by jeffro
Body Of War "Tomas Young" Story
Body of War is an intimate and transformational feature documentary about the true face of war today. Meet Tomas Young, 25 years old, paralyzed from a bullet to his spine - wounded after serving in Iraq for less than a week. Body of War is Tomas' coming home stor...
Views: 275   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 6, 2008 4:56pm
by SSGMike.Ivy
Military Spouse Appreciation Day May 9th
Since 1984, the Armed Forces have set aside a special day to acknowledge the significant contributions of our spouses. This year, Friday, May 9, 2008, has been designated Military Spouse Appreciation Day. The life of a military family is one of unique challenges....
Views: 264   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 6, 2008 7:31am
by SSGMike.Ivy
d
Duane
Iraqi citizens capture criminal responsible for setting bomb that killed american soldier
According to the multi national division Baghdad. Irai citizens captured a man they observed setting off a car bomb that killed a 4th infantry division soldier. They turned him over to the iraqi police . He tested positive for explosive compounds. Two others were c...
Views: 222   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 4, 2008 6:28pm
by grant
Trial To Begin
Lawsuit: Veterans Affairs has failed to prevent suicides By PAUL ELIAS Associated Press Writer SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs isn't doing enough to prevent suicide and provide adequate medical care for Americans who have served in th...
Views: 392   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 4, 2008 2:22pm
by Duane
Gates: Lull in Iraq Over as US Deaths Reach Seven-Month High
Gates: Lull in Iraq Over as US Deaths Reach Seven-Month High By Nancy A. Youssef McClatchy Newspapers Tuesday 29 April 2008 Mexico City - U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates on Tuesday acknowledged that a seven-month lull in U.S. troops...
Views: 187   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 3, 2008 12:26pm
by Grant S. Jackson
Burned ‘Miracle’ Marine, 22, dies in hospital
*may he forever now R.I.P. Hand Salute to a fine Marine ! By Dan Lamothe - Staff writer Posted : Thursday May 1, 2008 20:48:19 EDT Sgt. Merlin German had been struggling with burn wounds covering more than 97 percent of his body for nearly two years w...
Views: 536   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 3, 2008 12:09pm
by Grant S. Jackson
j
jinks
Gates acknowledges mistakes in treatment of troops
Gates acknowledges mistakes in treatment of troops By David Morgan FORT BLISS, Texas, (Reuters) - U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates on Thursday said the military had made mistakes in its treatment of returning combat troops including in their physical an...
Views: 233   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 2, 2008 11:52am
by jinks
'Mission Accomplished' May 1,2003
Bush pays price for 'Mission Accomplished' sign White House admits fault on banner seen to declare Iraq victory 5 years ago. President Bush declares the end of major combat in Iraq as he speaks aboard the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln off the California co...
Views: 213   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 1, 2008 6:58am
by Joy
Federal Contracting Chief Is Forced Out
Federal Contracting Chief Is Forced Out By David Stout The New York Times Thursday 01 May 2008 Washington - Lurita A. Doan has been forced out as head of the General Services Administration, the federal agency that oversees billions of dollars...
Views: 235   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 30, 2008 3:46pm
by SSGMike.Ivy
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Free Forum powered by Bravenet