Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
j
Jason
Fan Cut in temperatures.Stat temperatures
I was wondering what temperatures people were running their cooling fans at, and what temperature thermostats they were using? 1800cc B Im just soldering a boss into the top tank and bottom tank of my rad, to take a common M22x1.5 coolant fan switch as fitted to ma...
Views: 318   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 10, 2008 7:25am
by Jason
radiator grille
Hi Still trying to buy a radiator grille for Tc/Tf, I think they are both the same?, anybody got one out there they are not needing.
Views: 357   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 8, 2008 9:28am
by Tony West
Battery over heating
Hi all, I'm looking for advice regarding the battery over heating on my TCR V8 SD1. The alternator has just been reconditioned and after checks seems not to be over generating,yet the battery was ventilating heavily from over heating after a long run,any advice more...
Views: 318   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 3, 2008 10:05pm
by Rob Todd
Brake lines
Anybody know whether the copper brake lines are 3/16 or 1/4 inch? I believe both fit into the braking components with the appropriate unions.
Views: 309   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 3, 2008 10:02pm
by Mick Weight
certificate for crumple boss
Hi there guys Ive got a problem that someone out there maybe can help me with . I recently presented my NGTF for SVA test and it failed , one of the "reasons for failure" was that I never had the certificate of approval for the compliance of the crush/crumple boss...
Views: 350   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 2, 2008 8:36pm
by John Hamilton-Sm...
Stainless steel welding.
The stainless steel system on my TF had developed a crack at the junction with the rear silencer. I was advised to try A14 performance exhausts on the Fornham Rd. Bury St. Edmunds. I arrived with no appointment and was told the job would be done immediately. 20 min...
Views: 341   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2008 9:44am
by David Edwards
Adverse Camber on a Cortina Front end.
Hi all New NG Ownere here. Im getting around to joining the club. I picked up my 1980 NG yesterday and drover her 60-odd miles home. (that was exciting to say the least) However, there seems to be an awfull lot of camber on my front wheels. Top in, bottom out. No...
Views: 301   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 30, 2008 1:35pm
by Donnie.
d
Dave
National Rally - Thank You
Just wanted to say a big thank you to all of the committee and others who work so hard to make this annual gathering possible. As Peter said in his closing speech, a true gathing of friends. Thanks one and all - Dave W.
Views: 341   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 30, 2008 9:35am
by Mike
Engine/Gearbox swap
Im currently running a 1.6 Pinto through a 4 speed box. I want to move up to a 2.0 Litre and type 9 box. Is it a straight swap or are there any mods, i.e gearbox mounts, that need doing Many thanks
Views: 383   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 21, 2008 10:24am
by Tony West
Changing front hubs on a wire wheel model
I have taken the front hub off and am ready to revove the bearing ready to fit to the new hub. However, it is kept in place by a steel and rubber seal which looks to be a press fit. Can anyone please advise on how to remove it? My beloved Haynes manual uses those...
Views: 262   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 19, 2008 8:40pm
by Ian Barnes
Torque setting for the rear Hub nut on a TF.
Can anyone please advise me as to what this setting should be. I find Haynes annoying, because the terminology in their exploded diagrams never seems to tie up with the text. However, I hope I am right in understanding that the big castle nut which holds the hu...
Views: 300   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 17, 2008 9:05pm
by Ian Barnes
National rally
I have just booked my tent pitch at Billing Aquadrome for the Saturday night,I hope the weather picks up, and we have a sunny weekend and get a large turnout. Mark
Views: 360   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 14, 2008 10:05pm
by Mark
Hub Puller
Does anyone know where I can get a hub puller to remove a splined hub from my TF? All the ones which I have seen seem to rely on bolting to the wheel bolts which, of course, knock-on wheels don't have.
Views: 264   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 14, 2008 12:00pm
by Ian Barnes
Air Filters
Hi Just saw these on ebay (item 260248727826) and being a complete novice was wondering if they would fit my car (1967 MGB donor, twin su). Carb's are a real weak point of mine so I don't even know what size they are, can anyone help me out. A pointer to identifying...
Views: 333   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 11, 2008 10:38pm
by Ashley Reynolds
Booking for National Rally
Hi all Please note if you ring Billing Aquadrome to book for the national rally you will need the following reference number to enable you to book, this refers to the rally booking SPR29148 Look forward to seeing you there Regards Ed
Views: 322   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 11, 2008 8:16pm
by Ed Powell
Worn Splines?
Dear All, At the MOT on my TF, three of the wheels were marked as "insecure **DANGEROUS". I gather that this is due to the wire wheels knocking as the splines have become worn. Talking to MGB Hive, I discovered that I can replace a splined hub for £...
Views: 299   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 9, 2008 8:00pm
by Chris Humphreys
Peter Dyble - where are you?
The magazine for Peter Dyble has been returned to me which is marked "no longer at this address". Peter, if you read this please email me your new address so I can send you the magazine. Or if anyone else is in contact with Peter, please let him know that we don't...
Views: 576   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 9, 2008 7:52pm
by Chris Humphreys
Weight
I have just taken my NG TF (Rover 2.6) to the MOT station, only to be told that I need to know it's weight for the brake test. I didn't have this happen with my last kit-car. Does anyone have any idea what a TF, ideally Rover powered, weighs? Thanks, Ian
Views: 378   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 7, 2008 11:06pm
by Dave Holland
For Sale. NEW NG / Calby Mitchel Bodykit
I have for sale a complete new bodykit for an NG. It consists of the following and can be seen at my website: http://www.speedon.nl/speedon-dronten/used-cars/calvymitchelbodykit.php Body Front wings with light units Rear wings and sidesteps Rear bumper Nose...
Views: 409   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 7, 2008 6:56pm
by bas
m
Martin
NGTC
Hi, Long shot really, has anyone got a full set of bonnets for a TC with side exit exhausts or know anyone who may have some for sale? I am also looking for grille ? If not it looks like i will have to buy a set from NG gulp!!! @ circa £1600 ouch!! Regar...
Views: 429   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 7, 2008 6:52pm
by bas
Tappet Clearances
Just serviced my TD yesterday but was unable to set the tappets as I have misplaced my Haynes manual. I have a 1800MGB 1966 engine so i thouight I would ask you guys for help. I don't know the inlet or exhaust settings. Thanks in advance.
Views: 340   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 2, 2008 8:41am
by Noel Ferguson
NG TF for Sale
NG TF 1800 for Sale: www.quastel.org.uk/NG David
Views: 281   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 31, 2008 1:00pm
by David Quastel
NGTC V8 anybody got one for sale
has anybody got a NG TC v8 for sale if so could you ring me tel 07966458620 thanks barry
Views: 419   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 27, 2008 12:51pm
by John Hamilton-Sm...
NG TF SS exhaust manifold oo 1800 mgb
Has anyone fitted a ss extrac tor manifold ? Any problems re heat or clearnce ? Thanks John
Views: 359   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 26, 2008 2:24pm
by John Valentine
a
Alan
TA Radiator
I wonder if anybody can help. What type of radiator is fitted to a NG TA? and what car did it come from. Many thanks.
Views: 343   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 20, 2008 1:06pm
by Ashley Reynolds
Differential help needed
I replaced the pinion seal in my semi floating axle, and in the process of refitting the pinion flange to the pinion my torque wrench failed to click and so I think I may have overtightened it. My MG manual warns that overtightening the flange may result in the co...
Views: 363   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 10, 2008 11:19pm
by Jason
Complete Kit Car Showdown - Sat 17th May
I have received an email from Ian Stent (Editor of Complete Kit Car) and as its inclusion in ChangiNGear will be too late I am including it below: Hi there, Perhaps you could pass this email onto your members to see if they would like to attend what promises to b...
Views: 399   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 10, 2008 5:55pm
by Chris Humphreys
Auto Ramps
May be of interest to some of you, these are being manufactured by a bloke at work. No I am not on commission. www.levo-artis.com
Views: 366   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 7, 2008 3:28pm
by Steve Tyler
l
larry
Set of 5 Unused 15 x 4.5J wire Spoke Wheels and bolt on hubs.
Hi all, just found these on eBay; Set of 5 Unused 15 x 4.5J wire Spoke Wheels and bolt on hubs. Item number: 290226411265 End time: 03-May-08 18:10:59 BST Derby. They were for an Ascot (Marina based), but bad health stopped play. He may have some other needed...
Views: 338   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 1, 2008 10:40am
by larry
exhaust system
hi I am having real trouble with the exhaust system I am trying to fit it, I am using info from the build manual but it is unclear and getting very frustrating!! I have the Peco stainless steel system however it is 4 piece not 3?? also I dont completely understand wh...
Views: 362   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 27, 2008 8:13pm
by martin chapman
c
Chris
petrol tank wowes.
Hi Guys I have a slowly decaying petrol tank on my Marina based Pastiche TF, with two inline filters I am still filling up the float chambers with rust. I have no idea where the donor tank was from but I need to know what tanks are used by more recent kits...
Views: 405   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 27, 2008 5:11pm
by mark staley
Battery Isolator
All, I was wondering about the value of the battery isolator switch. Is it an SVA requirement as I can find no reference to it in the SVA handbook. Maybe its a convenience thing? Do any of you ever switch it. New cars don't have them, and it seems like an unnecess...
Views: 372   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 20, 2008 4:57pm
by Mick Weight
SVA Changes
With reference to an earlier message on the forum re changes from SVA to IVA, Complete KITCAR magazine, May issue has an interesting article expalining the changes.
Views: 410   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 18, 2008 10:30am
by Hugo Van-Manen
Rougham Airfield, Bury St. Edmunds
As for last year, if anyone attending the Wings Wheels & Steam event 28th - 29th June and/or The Air Display & Classic Car Show 16th - 17th August has a technical problem in the area, I live within a mile of the airfield and will be happy to help if I can. My landli...
Views: 384   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 14, 2008 8:08am
by David Edwards
Ebay Item
Completed but tatty TF on ebay. Here
Views: 291   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 14, 2008 6:08am
by Mick Weight
m
Martin
Detling 12/13 April
It's getting near that time of year again, anyone going? Martin
Views: 327   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 13, 2008 11:29pm
by John Hamilton-Sm...
Oil pipe failure...
Shortly after I built my TF, the flexi-armoured pipe between the engine and oil pressure guage failed (it was new and from a garage at Swavesey.) Half a gallon of oil was dumped on my drive. I purchased a replacement from a garage at Baldock, and this lasted about...
Views: 314   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 12, 2008 11:00am
by Chris Humphreys
wanted
fold down screen wanted for T.A.anyone out there have one lying around in their garage? wanted for completion of the last ever T.A. (I think)
Views: 416   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 11, 2008 7:28pm
by nick earnshaw
Calling NG Owners in Northwest England
I am posting this in order to gauge interest in a potential opportunity for an informal gathering of NGs in early September, for those of us who don't usually manage to meet up with other NG owners. As a member of the West Lancs MG Owners Club (as well as the NG O...
Views: 349   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 9, 2008 8:58pm
by Ed Powell
m
Martin
Club mag and membership
Anyone had a club mag since December or indeed a new membership card? Martin
Views: 381   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 7, 2008 8:55pm
by Chris Humphreys
r
Rob
Petrol pump
Hi all,can anyone give me some advice on a new petrol pump for my TC,the present pump is a Facet 574A i've been informed that these pumps come with different ratings depending on the bhp,so as not to flood the carb with too much petrol.The TCR has a Rover V8 with a h...
Views: 366   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 1, 2008 11:51am
by Rob
m
Martin
Driving goggles
I have aero screens on my TC and have had a few little dings in the face from small stones and insects, so I am considering getting some driving goggles. Cam anyone recommend a make and/or where to get them? They must be suitable for use over glasses. Martin
Views: 396   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 30, 2008 9:42pm
by Martin
T.A.tonnaeu
Hi there.Anyone have a supplier for full tonnaeu covers. need one for M.G based T.A. and one for Marina based T.A.
Views: 347   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 20, 2008 8:52am
by nick earnshaw
Servicing in Cheshire
Hi guys, I live in Runcorn in Cheshire and I'm looking for somewhere to take my TD for a decent service and tune without being ripped off. I could do most of the jobs myself (apart from tuning the carbs) but I really don't have the time at the moment as I'm working a...
Views: 327   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 13, 2008 11:43am
by Noel Ferguson
SVA changes ...?
Don't wish to frighten anyone unduly, but I've just read of a proposal regarding SVA in a report written by Ace (Association of Car Enthusiasts) on their website. If you are a currently building a car it's probably worth reading what they have written:- http://ww...
Views: 338   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 11, 2008 2:17pm
by John Hamilton-Sm...
Selling a TF requiring rebuild on Ebay
Hello Just a note to say that I have placed my non running NG TF on Ebay. Thanks Steve H
Views: 321   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 7, 2008 4:12pm
by S Holland
d
Dave
On the road again
As a matter of interest, how many of you have an NG that you are restoring / rebuilding. If so, what model is it and what are you doing to it? By this I mean an NG that was not originally built by yourself. Lets say this could also include a vehicle that was never...
Views: 373   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 28, 2008 10:39pm
by James
Lost NG TF JHV100K
Anyone know the whereabouts of this car which I built in the mid 80's?? martinhaines@aol.com
Views: 366   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 28, 2008 9:32pm
by mark staley
l
larry
On ebay. Supercharged NG TC
Hi all, nice bit of kit, Ha Ha. NG TC Supercharged 1930's Style - Looks authentic 1970 MGB-GT donor = tax exempt /not MG/ Item number: 140210639764. Ends 3rd March.
Views: 281   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 26, 2008 12:07pm
by larry
d
Dave
NG TA - Wanted
Hi, Does anyone know of one for sale.....? Ideally, I'm looking for a project to work on with my son....but anything considered. Cheers Dave
Views: 315   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 17, 2008 7:35pm
by Dave
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Free Forum powered by Bravenet