Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Donington Kit Car Show 2007
Hi all I have booked a club stand for this year, the show is on the 15th and 16th September. Entry is free for drivers (adult passengers £10), Camping is available. Note that this year the track will be otherwise engaged so the show returns to the field in fro...
Views: 398   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 24, 2007 9:50pm
by Ed Powell
NG parts
I see someone is listing TF parts on ebay, Item number: 160150250281.
Views: 316   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 23, 2007 10:19pm
by Ray Blanks
NG's and NG numberplate on ebay
Hi again. Several finished and unfinished NG's on ebay at present including; NG TF Roadstar Convertible Item number: 300143273746 which also has a seperate, 7291 NG, number plate Item number: 300143283460. Might help someone. LD.
Views: 296   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 21, 2007 9:42am
by larry dickinson
NG TCR V8
Well,I'm chuffed to say that I am now the proud owner of my first NG,having just purchased it this weekend. I have applied for membership and would like to thank all who contributed to my enquiries. Cheers Rob.
Views: 469   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 14, 2007 10:19am
by Rob Todd
Sports Car Day, Rougham Airfield, Bury St. Edmunds. 19th Aug.
If any club member attending the Sports Car Day at Rougham on Sunday 19th Aug. has mechanical problems please note that I live 5 minutes drive away in Gt Barton, have a reasonable tool-box, and will help if I can. I won't be there with my own TF. I object to being...
Views: 381   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 11, 2007 8:08am
by David Edwards
v8 conversion
Hi I have a Marina based Ascot but I would like to convert to a MGB based V8. I have aquired a un-used and un-touched 1990 chassis and various other bits from a discontinued build project. Has anyone got a V8 I could look at for reference and inspiration? I liv...
Views: 291   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 5, 2007 10:08am
by mark staley
Rear wheel splined hub removal.
I would like to know if anyone else has had any experience with trying to remove the drive flange/hub assembly. I have got it free from the bearing carrier but am unable to remove it fully from the studs. The hub blanking plug is recessed by about 1.5 inches and...
Views: 384   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 1, 2007 5:48pm
by Ashley Reynolds
Disabling the original MGB Dampers
When I build up the suspension on my TF chassis, I'll be using the replacement Spax damper kits. The build manual states that I should use the existing dampers with the valves removed. How do I remove the valves? Presumable I remove the oil and replace the valves? A...
Views: 330   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 23, 2007 6:30am
by Mick Weight
r
Rob
NG TCR V8 Inspection
Hi all, Thanks for all the comments regarding the TCR V8,I did go and see it on Saturday nice chap the owner and a beautiful NG with some racing history. He did let me have a go. It took a while to master the close proximity of the pedals and the gears where very...
Views: 352   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 22, 2007 8:54pm
by Martin
tappets
hi could anyone give me advice on how to adjust these and to what size etc.? many thanks chaps
Views: 253   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 16, 2007 10:05am
by David Edwards
r
Rob
NG TCR V8 inspection
Hi all, Very informative forum, I'm going to look at a NGTCV8 recently advertised on e-bay,the build was completed in 1993 by Dave Bray and has a Rover V8 engine with a Holly carb. The kit was purchased after Nick Green sold the company in 1988 and was the last of...
Views: 408   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 14, 2007 4:01pm
by Dave Woolgar
Enjoy a laugh at my expense....
You know how it is - things aren't always what they seem. While I'm rebuilding the engine for my TF, I thought it would be nice to paint it up so that when you all inspect it at some rally or another it looks its best!!! Imagine the embarasment then, when having p...
Views: 447   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 14, 2007 3:52pm
by Mick Weight
m
Mike
Hinged Windscreen
Hello NGTD I have just bought a 2nd hand hinged windscreen. Does anyone have one or a photo of one I could look at. I need to be able to see the type of locking method used as the wing nuts or locking levers are both missing. There are two threaded studs (...
Views: 318   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 13, 2007 3:52pm
by Mike
Windscreens and SVA
Does anybody know why the old style aluminium windscreens are not SVA compliant. Every thing I read about screens seems to make a distinction between the old aluminium and the chrome over brass screens. If its just the glass couln't old screens be reglazed at a fract...
Views: 355   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 13, 2007 12:18am
by Donnie
Engine cuts stops after 30 seconds
Hello all NGTD 1969 I was under the dashboard last weekend attempting to sort out my fluctuating fuel gauge. I have interferred with the electrics such that the engine will run for about 30 seconds and then stop. It will happily rev up on the accelerator and th...
Views: 357   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jul 11, 2007 12:11pm
by Rob
Refitting a Sump
Hi all me again! I've had my block re-engineered and I'm putting it back together, so this question is for anyone else who has undertaken this work before. My problem is that the front main bearing cap studs seem to foul the sump, preventing me from refitting i...
Views: 258   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 8:55pm
by Mick Weight
Small mercys
Thank heavens for the cancelled National. Yesterday someone backed into my garage/workshop, if we had been on the rally it would have been parked in there to dry and would now be residing under a pile of rubble. THANK YOU!!!!!!
Views: 301   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 4, 2007 7:12pm
by Mick Weight
Midlands members monthly meeting
Hi all, I would like to arrange a regular get together for members in and around the midlands. I realise the area is quite large and could have locational problems, but I am open to suggestions. Anyone interested please reply here or e.mail me with your comments. Th...
Views: 492   Replies: 29
Last Post: Jul 3, 2007 4:28pm
by Mark Staley
NG on ebay
Hi just seen this; NG TC R V8 (Tax Exempt) Item number: 270140338192 08-Jul-07 17:16:12 BST
Views: 316   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2007 6:58pm
by larry dickinson
Starter Motor
Hello NGTD (ex. MGB GT 1969) I have had problems with my starter motor. It's the pre-engage type (i.e. 2 units bolted together). I've taken it out and cleaned it up. All looks to be OK, engagement 'spinner' turns OK manually. However, when placed back in the car i...
Views: 349   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 29, 2007 6:12pm
by Donnie
Hinged Windscreen
Hello Does anyone know where I can buy a fold down windscreen for an NGTD? If you do would you please let me have the address and an idea of price etc. Regards Mike
Views: 314   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 29, 2007 8:10am
by Mike Faulkner
Lock and Key for MGB glove compartment
A friend of mine has recently bought an MGB GT and foolishlye at this stage intends to restore it, rather than build a NG. However he is in need of the Key and barrell for the glove compartment. Has anybody a spare left from their donor vehicle? I would love to...
Views: 331   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 28, 2007 10:29pm
by Hugo Van-Manen
r
RayB
Griffon.
Hi. just done a search to find info on my other kitcar(a Griffon)and it through up the March 06 changing gear mag. A letter in the mag says that the plot of a recent TV show "Lewis" revolved around a small car company called Griffon, and featured amongst other things...
Views: 281   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 25, 2007 10:52pm
by Chris Humphreys
****NATIONAL RALLY CANCELLED****
Hi All Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but following a phone call with Bob Preece last night I have to announce that due to extreme weather the rally field is totally submersed!! meaning the club has no choice but to cancel the event next weekend PLEASE let every...
Views: 332   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 23, 2007 3:45pm
by Dave Woolgar
NG Rally
Although I don't have a working NG yet, just a chassis and 4 wheels, I'm hoping to spend an afternoon at the NG Rally at the end of the month. However, I don't want to turn up and find an empty field cos you're all out on the road having fun Can anyone tell me whic...
Views: 284   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 8:29pm
by Ed Powell
Wteering Wheel
Hi Everyone, Would someone be so kind as to measure the diameter of there NG supplied steering wheel. I am about to order one and don't know whether to order 14" or 15". The bigger one may obscure some of the instruments. Thanks in advance Pete
Views: 306   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 6:52pm
by Peter Bambrook
m
Martin
tc bonnets
Hi Can anyone tell me if the only place to get ali full bonnets and side panels for a TC with side exit exhaust is Findhorn? (anyone got any second hand set for sale)if so please contact with price. I should imagine new are they are a small fortune from Findhorn....
Views: 275   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 12:50am
by Ray Blanks
henley exhaust
Hi I have recently become the proud owner of a Pastiche Henley which requires a complete rebuild to get it back to its original condition. A previous owner has fitted a 3" side exit exhaust and although it sounds very sporty (and loud) it hardly has the period look...
Views: 294   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 12, 2007 9:38pm
by Donnie
Replacement Windscreen
A note to mention the excellent windscreen-replacement service supplied by Chris Glover of Brasscraft Ltd. A stone chipped my (NG TF) windscreen earlier this year badly enough to mean it would be an MOT failure. Naturally my insurance company's recommended windsc...
Views: 310   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 12, 2007 10:21am
by Jeff Stone
r
rod
Hood for a Henley challenger
How much (as a ball park figure) do people imagine one of these will cost, i have a template in the form of my old hood
Views: 201   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 11, 2007 9:05pm
by Donnie
1 3/4" twin carbs
Has anyone any experience of fitting 1 3/4" twin carbs to an 1800 B series? I have been told that this conversion is OK for the racing boys but it causes a lumpy tick-over, loss of bottom end grunt and high fuel consumption. Is this correct? Has anyone done this conv...
Views: 339   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 11, 2007 7:13pm
by Paul Bennett
Steering Column
Finally got my steering column outer shroud back from the powder coaters and I came to fit the column. The column seemed very short as when it was protruding through the bulkhead it didn't reach the dash. A little investigation showed that the nylon pins on the shaft...
Views: 326   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 7, 2007 7:28pm
by Peter Bambrook
dampers
I built up the rear end of my chassis over the weekend and have two problems. First is the height of the chassis sitting on the springs. It's so high that The spax damper at its fullest length doesn't stretch between the top and bottom mounting points, also the rebou...
Views: 402   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 3, 2007 9:03pm
by Chris Humphreys
Back firing
Can someone please tell me what the reasons can be for back firing. MGB 1800 engine High compression.It was running fine, but after tuning the engine, it now runs fine on idle but back fires when reved up and under load. Checked leads etc.
Views: 183   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 1, 2007 12:16pm
by Chris Humphreys
Isle of Wight Classic Car Show
Anyone else interested in joining 4 or 5 NGs at the Isle of Wight Classic Car Show at Brading on Sunday 17th June (see events)? If so please contact me so I can add you to our little list!
Views: 335   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 1, 2007 12:12pm
by Chris Humphreys
Back firing
Can anyone please tell me all the reasons why my engine backfires. MGB 1800, HC. Was idling badly, tuned carburettors, Timing and ignition etc. Runs fine untill one revs up. Sharp back fire in the exhaus system and sometimes out of the caburettors. Help would be ap...
Views: 313   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 31, 2007 2:53pm
by hugo Van-Manen
Wire Wheel Hubs
Hi again. Just wondered if anyone has lying around, or knows where, I might get a set of wire wheel hubs/adaptors suitable for 4 stud FORD axles. Like most we cant afford or justify £50 a pop so thought I'd ask the experts. Many thanks for your time. LD.
Views: 263   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 17, 2007 9:49pm
by Dave
d
Donnie
Sierra-based Henley TF - front wheel camber.
Hello. I know they're pretty rare, but I'm hoping someone else on here has a Sierra-based Henley! The front wheels on mine display a huge amount of camber - they noticeably lean in towards the car at the top when viewed from the front. Can anyone shed any lig...
Views: 288   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 11, 2007 3:02pm
by Donnie
n
ned
fuel gauge
fuel gauge needle reading all over the place, have aluminum tank with side mounted float what's the cause any idea's
Views: 328   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 3, 2007 7:32pm
by Dave Woolgar
m
Martin
Why does that happen?
Why is it, when you are in your normal car you spot an NG? Sunday evening I went to the cash point outside ASDA at Swanley, the only other car in the carpark was a Red NGTD. Unfortunately the driver left before I got near the car dispite my waving (or maybe he tho...
Views: 349   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 3, 2007 6:17pm
by David Edwards
Seats for NG TD
Does my bum look big in this? I have recently acquired an NG TD and am keen to change the seats. Not sure of the origin of the seats as fitted currently but they are bucket-style seats that fit my rear-quarters rather too snugly. Not too much of a problem on short...
Views: 360   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 26, 2007 10:17pm
by Paul Bennett
Obscure kit car
Hi Whilst the Ascot is being built properly, to give me a kit to drive this summer I've made an impulse buy of a Griffon kit. It is based on a Vauxhall Magnum. I would like to know more about the car/manufacturer etc. I'm sure some of the more knowledgable members ma...
Views: 357   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 25, 2007 9:11pm
by Ray Blanks
d
Donnie
Louvred side panels on Ebay.
Just noticed a pair of louvred side panels for a TF for sale on Ebay, in case anyone is interested! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110117920407&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:UK:1
Views: 343   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 24, 2007 8:57am
by David Edwards
Historic Tax Excemption
Hello. I've cut and pasted this from a thread on the Marlin Owners' Club, of which I'm also a member: The exemption for Classic cars from Vehicle excise duty was frozen 10 years ago. A petition has been raised asking to change it back to being on a rolling basi...
Views: 334   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 20, 2007 9:00am
by Donnie Macdonald
WD40
THis has been going around for a while, but if you have not...... A little information on your favourite product. Wonderful WD 40 I had a neighbor who had bought a new pickup. I got up very early one Sunday morning and saw that someone had spray painted red al...
Views: 238   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 17, 2007 12:44am
by Chris Nelson
Detling 2007 - Saturday
Brilliant weather, fantasic turnout of NG's (12) and a great show today. If you were there today and would like a set of photos - don't hesitate to e-mail me with your and i'll send you a CD of my pictures. Well done to Ed Powell - longest distance driven today and...
Views: 273   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 15, 2007 9:02pm
by Martin
Steering Wheel Refurbishment
Just got my MotaLita steering wheel back from Norbert at WestDean college,Better than new,wonderful job.Norbert is happy to take commisions on any wood/furniture restoration work. Thanks to Dave Holland for letting me know about this service
Views: 301   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 6, 2007 11:54pm
by Dave Holland
Detling Show
Hi all For a change this year I'm planning on attending Detling for the weekend with the combi-camp. I'll look forward to seeing you all there hopefully. Lets hope its a good show especially as I've 150 odd miles to trek to get there. I'm planning on leaving very ea...
Views: 314   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 6, 2007 11:34pm
by Dave Holland
soft top
Does anyone know where I could get a replacement softop for my car,it is a Henley so is not same size as a TF,I have the existing one to copy.
Views: 356   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 5, 2007 10:57pm
by Donnie
Gearbox oil
Having drained the gearbox and overdrive on my TC, I can not get to the filler/dipstick, which must be somewhere hidden The donor was a MGB GT 1969 There is no cut out in the tunnel to get to it. Is there any reason why I can not pour the oil in by taking the...
Views: 330   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 2, 2007 2:03pm
by Hugo Van-Manen
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Free Forum powered by Bravenet