General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Progress, Baby Killers and Martyrs

Salute! Power to the People!

Wolf says he is "One of the many tired poor wretched tempest-tossed taxi drivers the Statue of Liberty invited to come to the USA."

He forgot to mention he is one of the "Chicago Seven" also known as the "Magnificent Seven" who dared to question the Mayor's courage, wisdom, temperance, and justice.

The cops are gonna be looking for him (and the other six culprits) if he keeps this up.

As I live and breath, the City is SCARED of Don ad his crew!

That's why the City lawyer said she was gonna move for dismissing the case. It's a "legal strategy."

That normally happens when the other side has no case, no defense and no valid reasons t present to the court.

Fear is a powerful force.

Remember the CPD RED SQUAD and Hanrahan's SAO RAIDERS and what they did to Fred Hampton, Mark Clark and Deborah Johnson and her unborn baby?

They were outspoken critics of another Daley Administration, to say the least.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Look who is playing Plato!

No, Plato, if you are in favor of the surcharge and if you are in favor of keeping the surcharge, it makes you a person who is happy with a dollar-a-load to cover that mortgage payment of yours and those family expenses that are rising almost everyday.

I do not doubt that this dollar-a-load gas surcharge will get you to the bank on time.

As you may know, the most famous of Plato's dialogues is an immense dialogue called "The Republic."

The question which opens this immense dialogue is: WHAT IS JUSTICE?

Several inadequate definitions are put forward, but the most emphatically presented definition is given by a young brain-child named Thrasymachus.

He defines justice as WHATEVER THE STRONGEST DECIDE IT IS, and that the strong decide that WHATEVER IS IN THEIR BEST INTEREST is JUST.

Socrates dismisses this argument by proving that THE STRONG RARELY FIGURE OUT WHAT IS IN THEIR BEST INTEREST, and this can't be JUST since JUSTICE is a good thing.

Socrates then starts the question all over again. If one could decide what a JUST STATE is like, one could use that as an analogy for a just person.

Plato then embarks on a long exposition about how a state might embody the FOUR GREAT VIRTUES: Courage, Wisdom, Temperance, and Justice.

IN that regard, I ask these questions:

Virtue of Justice: HOW DO ONE DOLLAR, TRIPLED FINES AND MORE POLICE POWER SERVE “JUSTICE?”

Virtue of Temperance: DOES ONE DOLLAR’S WORTH OF “TEMPERANCE” ELIMINATE OR LESSEN EXTREMES TO ENSURE NORMALITY?

Virtue of Courage: HOW IS THERE “COURAGE” IN ACCEPTING THE ONE DOLLAR CRUMB?

Virtue of Wisdom: WHERE IS THERE “WISDOM” IN ONE DOLLAR IN TODAY’S ECOMONIC CONDITIONS?

Respectfully submitted by
Wolfgang J. Weiss
(One of the many tired poor wretched tempest-tossed taxi drivers the Statue of Liberty invited to come to the USA.)

Replying to:

"Only our enemies are going to wish for that."

I'm not in favor of removing the surcharge. Lots of drivers don't want the surcharge removed. Does that make us your enemies?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Progress, Baby Killers and Martyrs

The unborn child was neither outspoken nor critical but an innocent victim of the blood thirsty politicos and their terrorist hit squad.

The three adults, Hampton, Clark and Johnson were suspected cop killers -- according to Hoover's G-men.

Wolf is not a cop killer. Well, he might bite one.

Rumor has it that he was suspected of biting a police dog during the "summer of love" in Grant Park.

Replying to:

Salute! Power to the People!

Wolf says he is "One of the many tired poor wretched tempest-tossed taxi drivers the Statue of Liberty invited to come to the USA."

He forgot to mention he is one of the "Chicago Seven" also known as the "Magnificent Seven" who dared to question the Mayor's courage, wisdom, temperance, and justice.

The cops are gonna be looking for him (and the other six culprits) if he keeps this up.

As I live and breath, the City is SCARED of Don ad his crew!

That's why the City lawyer said she was gonna move for dismissing the case. It's a "legal strategy."

That normally happens when the other side has no case, no defense and no valid reasons t present to the court.

Fear is a powerful force.

Remember the CPD RED SQUAD and Hanrahan's SAO RAIDERS and what they did to Fred Hampton, Mark Clark and Deborah Johnson and her unborn baby?

They were outspoken critics of another Daley Administration, to say the least.

Replying to:

No, Plato, if you are in favor of the surcharge and if you are in favor of keeping the surcharge, it makes you a person who is happy with a dollar-a-load to cover that mortgage payment of yours and those family expenses that are rising almost everyday.

I do not doubt that this dollar-a-load gas surcharge will get you to the bank on time.

As you may know, the most famous of Plato's dialogues is an immense dialogue called "The Republic."

Several inadequate definitions are put forward, but the most emphatically presented definition is given by a young brain-child named Thrasymachus.

He defines justice as WHATEVER THE STRONGEST DECIDE IT IS, and that the strong decide that WHATEVER IS IN THEIR BEST INTEREST is JUST.

Socrates dismisses this argument by proving that THE STRONG RARELY FIGURE OUT WHAT IS IN THEIR BEST INTEREST, and this can't be JUST since JUSTICE is a good thing.

Socrates then starts the question all over again. If one could decide what a JUST STATE is like, one could use that as an analogy for a just person.

Plato then embarks on a long exposition about how a state might embody the FOUR GREAT VIRTUES: Courage, Wisdom, Temperance, and Justice.

Virtue of Justice: HOW DO ONE DOLLAR, TRIPLED FINES AND MORE POLICE POWER SERVE “JUSTICE?”

Virtue of Temperance: DOES ONE DOLLAR’S WORTH OF “TEMPERANCE” ELIMINATE OR LESSEN EXTREMES TO ENSURE NORMALITY?

Virtue of Wisdom: WHERE IS THERE “WISDOM” IN ONE DOLLAR IN TODAY’S ECOMONIC CONDITIONS?

Wolfgang J. Weiss
(One of the many tired poor wretched tempest-tossed taxi drivers the Statue of Liberty invited to come to the USA.)

Replying to:

I'm not in favor of removing the surcharge. Lots of drivers don't want the surcharge removed. Does that make us your enemies?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Man Bites Dog

Not true.

Even if it were true, it could have been "biting in self-defense."

Rumor also has it that the dog started it by trying to bite me first.

Re: Re: Re: Progress in the case of Courage, Wisdom, Temperance, and Justice

Okay, Plato-puss,

What we really want to know is how is Donald Nathan going to convince Judge Epstein to repeal the surcharge ordinance?

Talking about shadows on wall, perhaps?

Please tell us that you aren't going to personally testify, or worse, be subject to cross-examination.

I can see you now, Wolf-bard, testifying in a whole set of (cross-dressing, even) disguises, wigs, and foreign accents.

Please tell us if you are so I can get a good seat up front before they run out of popcorn!

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Wolfgang J. Weiss

Replying to:

You want our strategy spelled out on the Internet? Is there a motive?

Somebody guessed you're a spy for the City. Maybe there's something to it. I hadn't really taken that spectulation seriously until your last posting asking for me to spell out how we were going to try to hypnotize Judge Epstein into granting injunctive relief.

Pray tell, sir, why on God's green earth would you ask me to lay out our strategy unless you were doing it for the benefit of your master, whoever that might be? And what kind of imbecile would spell out his litigation plan for you online?

The answer is straightforward: you ask it because you know you're going to get blown off. No lawyer would tell the likes of you what he plans to do in court for his clients. Just keep your ears open, and maybe you'll get the hearsay from one or another of your spies. You are unlikely to get it accurately, but what would that matter to you anyway?

Enough of this nonsense. Enger is right. You should be ignored - given the opportunity to rant at yourself and to chase your tail.

Replying to:

Okay, Plato-puss,

What we really want to know is how is Donald Nathan going to convince Judge Epstein to repeal the surcharge ordinance?

Please tell us that you aren't going to personally testify, or worse, be subject to cross-examination.

I can see you now, Wolf-bard, testifying in a whole set of (cross-dressing, even) disguises, wigs, and foreign accents.

Please tell us if you are so I can get a good seat up front before they run out of popcorn!

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Wolfgang J. Weiss

Replying to:

Re: You want our strategy spelled out on the Internet? Is there a motive?

Donald Nathan,

Hypnosis? That's your plan? I actually have a little more respect for you because that's about the best strategy you could employ under the circumstances. Assuming you are capable of hypnotizing someone.

I am an admitted Spy in the House of Love. Take that as seriously as you wish.

Are you inviting me to a hearing, Mr. Nathan? I'll have to check my schedule. I wish you success and all the luck you will need.

You are gambling, Mr. Nathan. Takes one to know one. The odds aren't at all in your favor and you are under the misconception that nothing of yours is on the line.

You better at least start pretending that your entire future of helping cabdrivers in whatever capacity pleases you is what you will lose if you cause harm to my brothers, sir.

Am I so hard to ignore, Mr. Nathan?

Perhaps the glimmer from my "crystal ball"?

I don't see good things for us, Mr. Nathan.

Nothing good at all.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Somebody guessed you're a spy for the City. Maybe there's something to it. I hadn't really taken that spectulation seriously until your last posting asking for me to spell out how we were going to try to hypnotize Judge Epstein into granting injunctive relief.

Pray tell, sir, why on God's green earth would you ask me to lay out our strategy unless you were doing it for the benefit of your master, whoever that might be? And what kind of imbecile would spell out his litigation plan for you online?

The answer is straightforward: you ask it because you know you're going to get blown off. No lawyer would tell the likes of you what he plans to do in court for his clients. Just keep your ears open, and maybe you'll get the hearsay from one or another of your spies. You are unlikely to get it accurately, but what would that matter to you anyway?

Enough of this nonsense. Enger is right. You should be ignored - given the opportunity to rant at yourself and to chase your tail.

Replying to:

Okay, Plato-puss,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Wolfgang J. Weiss

Replying to:

No, hypnosis isn't in the cards either.

Thanks for your confidence in the City's position in respect to the Ordincance of April 28. You must be thrilled about tripled fines at 400. You must be happy every time you take a load from O'Hare to Skokie for straight meter now instead of charging meter and a half. Likewise, you must feel great about Midway to Burbank for straight meter.

You must feel it's great for the Commissioner to be able to lift a chauffeur's license without even a hearing if a driver is just charged with a felony - not found guilty, but just charged.

And certainly the dollar surcharge is the most generous sort of solution to increased expenses cabdrivers have had to face since the last fare increase. You must feel that's the ultimate solution to keep mortgage payments paid and families fed and clothed.

We'll do the best we can to convince the court to enjoin the City from enforcing the ordinance. If we win, we believe there is going to be a loud call for a fare increase from thousands of drivers. If we lose, we do not feel anyone is going to be any the worse off than already they are.

As it is, you probably have to work like a dog for eight or nine hours before you make a penny. Why should that have to turn into ten or eleven hours? Tell us.

Replying to:

Donald Nathan,

Hypnosis? That's your plan? I actually have a little more respect for you because that's about the best strategy you could employ under the circumstances. Assuming you are capable of hypnotizing someone.

Are you inviting me to a hearing, Mr. Nathan? I'll have to check my schedule. I wish you success and all the luck you will need.

You are gambling, Mr. Nathan. Takes one to know one. The odds aren't at all in your favor and you are under the misconception that nothing of yours is on the line.

You better at least start pretending that your entire future of helping cabdrivers in whatever capacity pleases you is what you will lose if you cause harm to my brothers, sir.

Nothing good at all.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Replying to:

Okay, Plato-puss,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Wolfgang J. Weiss

Replying to:

Re: No, hypnosis isn't in the cards either.

(Yawn)

ZZZZZZZ.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Thanks for your confidence in the City's position in respect to the Ordincance of April 28. You must be thrilled about tripled fines at 400. You must be happy every time you take a load from O'Hare to Skokie for straight meter now instead of charging meter and a half. Likewise, you must feel great about Midway to Burbank for straight meter.

You must feel it's great for the Commissioner to be able to lift a chauffeur's license without even a hearing if a driver is just charged with a felony - not found guilty, but just charged.

And certainly the dollar surcharge is the most generous sort of solution to increased expenses cabdrivers have had to face since the last fare increase. You must feel that's the ultimate solution to keep mortgage payments paid and families fed and clothed.

We'll do the best we can to convince the court to enjoin the City from enforcing the ordinance. If we win, we believe there is going to be a loud call for a fare increase from thousands of drivers. If we lose, we do not feel anyone is going to be any the worse off than already they are.

As it is, you probably have to work like a dog for eight or nine hours before you make a penny. Why should that have to turn into ten or eleven hours? Tell us.

Replying to:

Donald Nathan,

Nothing good at all.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Replying to:

Okay, Plato-puss,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Wolfgang J. Weiss

Replying to: