Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Undergrad AKA's Denounce and Share Testimonies

A.S. wrote: Hello Min. Hatchett,

I hope that your day is blessed by the Father and that all is well with you and yours. My name is A.S. and I too am a former member of the DO Chapter of AKA (NIU-DeKalb, IL). I was informed by another X-AKA that you wanted to hear our testimony...let me warn you, it's pretty long because I am going back almost 10 years so here it goes!

It all started when I was 16 years old...I entered a UNCF Scholarship pageant and young lady and her mother at the first couple of practices. I became fast friends with her daughter (still friends to this day) and it was as if there was immediate separation from the other girls and my two friends and myself. I guess you could say that we were the 'light-skinned, long-haired, pretty girls' of the pageant. I was invited over her house for a sleep over and that's when I was introduced to greek life. The mother and her husband were both greeks and in their living rooms were paddles that represented their devotion to their respective organizations - he was APhiA and she was AKA. I saw the material things that they had and was under the impression that good things come to those who are involved with those organizations. I said 'I am going to become an AKA!'

Fast forward to 1999 and I graduate from high school. Of my high school girlfriends we were divided - two wanted to DST and one and myself wanted to become AKA. The two of us who wanted to be AKA's went off to school together and became roommates. The first thing that I realized at this central Wisconsin school was that there weren't too many activities for Black students. There were talks of getting a sorority to sponsor us but they figured there would not be enough Black women up there at the time to come up so they decided against it. After the first semester I left that school, joined the military (2000) and came across even more greeks. One of them, an AKA was my battle buddy and the other, my company commander was an APhiA. My battle buddy knew that I would be finishing up training and going back home for school and she was encouraging me to become an AKA. I told her that I had thought about it and that I would take everything into consideration.

I enrolled at Northern Illinois University in 2001 and one of the first things that I had looked for were the AKA's. After seeing how some of these girls (not women) carried themselves I became dismayed. I told my friends mom how evil those girls were and that they hardly did anything on campus except party and wear pink and green. Needless to say, my focus shifted to DST because they seemed down to earth and I figured that I was nothing like the AKA's on my campus... they were too stuck up for me!! I went back and forth with this pledging thing for years because I thought that I was too mature for it, I wasn't going to let anyone put their hands on me, and I needed to focus on my school work.

In 2003, I was sent out of the country and when I got back home, my whole life had changed. I saw so much poverty and despair in that country that I felt that if I could help just one person back home, I could accomplish that task easily if I was in a greek-lettered organization. My girlfriend had been a DST for about a year and I figured 'hey let's find out more about them!' Of course at the time AKA was banned from intake all over the country so it rarely crossed my mind to look back into that. I talked it over with my family and my boyfriend and some agreed with it but my boyfriend was the only one who spoke against it. He would ask "Why do you need to pay them to be a part of their organization? You can give me $800 and I will make you a t-shirt! You don't need them! What do they do? You want to be like them? All those girls are stuck up even the ones who aren't cute!" I thought those comments were funny at the time but I also had a rebuttal for each question he posed to me. Now that I reflect on those conversations, I think that the LORD was trying to speak to me through him because we were so close...but I wasn't listening. Every opportunity to pledge DST had come and I was always unable to go through the process (I had no money, military deployment, missed the informational or I couldn't get a letter of recommendation). The final time when I couldn't get a letter happened Jan '06. Within weeks AKA was coming off of suspension and I shifted focus once again back to them. I called my friends mom and my battle buddy and asked them about the sorority and they told me nothing but good things. They gave only one warning, 'it's a huge time commitment!' I thought about that and said that's fine because I wouldn't be on campus long anyway seeing that I was graduating in the fall. I could do more at the graduate level and touch more folks in the community when I graduate anyhow. I called myself talking to other greeks and 'They were just as excited as I was and pushed for me to do it as well.'

Beginning in summer '06 is when pandemonium struck! I found myself being consumed with searching the national website and internet trying to learn the things that I thought were important like memorizing the founders and famous members...it was a mess! I was in preparation to leave Ft. Bragg, NC and two of my girlfriends call me and told me when and where I could pick up my membership interest packet. You couldn't tell me I wasn't going to make it on the line, I had a very good GPA, my community service was stellar, I had folks writing wonderful letters of recommendations for me and I had saved my money from my annual training and travel voucher settlement... I was set!! I had started reading the 'Divine Nine Book' by Lawrence Ross and I was ready!! Some of my friends (who eventually became my sorors) and I were out looking for the perfect outfit because we wanted to make a GREAT impression on these ladies. I should have known that things were going to get worst because it was chaos from the time that I made that decision to the day that I denounced my letters.

During the second night of intake, the graduate advisor was reading the vows or oaths to us and she asked the crowd "if anyone wishes to leave you may do so at this time." In my head, a voice as clear as day said "A.S., you need to get out of here right now! What are you doing?" I believe that it was the voice of the Holy Spirit and I totally ignored it which was my greatest mistake. We were initiated October 1, 2006 and I was so excited. I thought that I was on top of the world and nothing or no one could steal my joy away from me. In the coming days/weeks, I found myself thinking more about the activities that our chapter and NPHC was hosting instead of concentrating on my school work. I spent the majority of my day and my money on e-bay, greek4life and at the university bookstore buying AKA paraphernalia! I'd isolated myself from my family and friends and avoided going to church but found myself spending more and more time with the ladies in the chapter. Questions started being raised about the intake process and then I found myself laughing saying, "I think we signed our names in the book of death!!" If that wasn't a wake up call, I don't know what was.

In November '06, I began to pull away from chapter activities and interactions with the girls because I felt weird about the whole thing. I thought that I just needed some time to myself but I became more and more withdrawn as each day passed. One sunday in particular (the Chapter meeting was supposed to happen that afternoon), A now X-AKA and I had decided to attend a local church service because we felt that we had been MIA from the LORD too long! During the service, we went to the altar and cried, prayed and asked for divine intervention to take place in our lives. After church, we decided not to attend the meeting and went on with the things that needed to take place during the day. A few weeks later, a friend of this same “now X-AKA” directed her to your website and she had to force me to go upstairs and view the information on the pages. I was studying at the time and I finally went upstairs and when I began to read those words and the scriptures that backed up everything that you said, my heart became heavy and started crying. I'd asked the LORD, 'Lord, what have I gotten myself into?' and then we followed the link to Gail's website and I was done! I knew I had to leave the sorority because God had spared me too many times...if I was to stay in this mess, I knew there would be no turning back, no redemption, no salvation for this one! So here I am today...nearly two months after denouncing and I can't say that it's been an easy road but the thing that comforts me the most is the fact that I am growing everyday in my walk with My Father in heaven. Folks ask if I am alright and I tell them that I have never been better, which is true because it took all of this for GOD to grab my attention because I was just out here doing my own thing for such a long time and thinking that I was in HIS good graces! How wrong I was!! If I had sought the LORD in prayer, he would have never let me get wrapped into this mess but I look at it as the most expensive lesson that I have ever learned but I'm glad HE has me now and forever instead of Satan having me!

I told you it would be long and I hope that your eyes don't get heavy
reading this : )

I will continue to lift your name and your ministry in prayer because I have seen some of the things people have posted on your webpage. Not only that, everyone needs a fellow believer to pray on their
behalf!
Be Safe and God Bless,
A.S.

Re: Undergrad AKA's Denounce and Share Testimonies

X-AKA3 Testimony

My aunt is the first person who has ever introduced to me what "Greek Life" is because she's a Zeta and has been one for about 17 years. She attended Kentucky State University, it's a small HBCU, and annually she goes back for the Homecomings. My last year in high school she invited me & a friend to go with her & some of her friends for the weekend of Homecoming. When I arrived on campus I saw Greeks young & old standing around talking, strolling, stepping, and then all my attention went to the AKA's who were holding hands encircling a tree singing and chanting. I was immediately captivated by what I saw, and my whole weekend was basically spent around w/me watching the Greeks. I applied to go to the school and that is where I went for 2 yrs. For those 2 yrs. I went to several probate shows (extremely late at night), saw and heard about the humiliating acts done to pledges. My third year I changed majors and transferred to Northern Illinois University (NIU). When I came to this campus it was extremely boring and I felt like it lacked the social scene of greeks my old school had. The following September a friend of mine read in the campus newspaper that the AKA's were having an Informational. I went picked up a packet and listened to all the perks of becoming an "AKA woman." I had to get all the information filled out along with other papers requested by the next week or two. I went to the Rush all dressed up, finally able to go into the room after standing in line for an hour or more. Then I had to wait in another line to be called on to review my packet. All while I was there I kept thinking about if I were to become an AKA I would help the greek life on campus become so hot people who never considered being in greek life would want to be when the AKA's come back on the yard. I thought of a lot of things I could say if one of the grad members of the sorority were to ask me a question. After about an hour in my thoughts and planning I was called to turn in my packet. I can't remember answering any questions, but the lady just quickly browsed through my packet to see if I had everything and made marks on the papers. During the Rush all the typical information you can find online was provided by powerpoint or the brochures they had made. So, the only useful informational I got was the dollar amount that would be due ($800) before we start the process, and no one knew when the process would start. So, I went back to my dorm and called my aunt (the Zeta) and my uncle (who is a Kappa) told them about the Rush and the $800 I needed to come up with. They both agreed to help me out, so for the following week I checked my mailbox 2-3 times a day looking for my letter. The week went by without any word finally on a Tuesday night I got a call from the grad advisor accepting me into AKA, she told me a very basic agenda of what would happen during MIP, and that I needed to have the $800 on Thursday morning by 8am. When I got off the phone I was overwhelmed that I had just been accepted, but the fact that I needed $800 in less than 2 days was weighing more heavily on my mind more than being accepted into AKA personally by the grad advisor. I got on the phone immediately calling my aunt and uncle. My aunt at the time didn't have much to offer me, just $100 to my own money and my uncle was reluctant. He talked about the AKA's, he talked about the whole fake process of MIP, and he did not want to give me 1 cent towards it. It's not like my uncle didn't have the money he is a stock broker with money stored up, he just didn't respect MIP like many greek members. This was the first experience I had of someone talking about MIP or just being "paper." He called me back later on that night and said he would help me out but didn't tell me how much he could give me. So, I started praying and asking God if he could help me out with the financial crisis I was in. The next morning my aunt called me and said she had a friend who would give me a $100, but I still needed roughly $600 and I wasn't going to ask my uncle for the money. Later on in the day my aunt told me I should take out a cash advance on my credit card to cover the rest of the payment. I was really stressing at that point because I try to be as responsible with money and my credit card as possible, and I knew I wasn't going to be able to pay all that money back any time soon. After class I hoped on the bus to go to the bank because that was the only way possible I would have to get the rest of the money. Before I went into the bank I called to check my balance in my checking account to see if my uncle deposited money or if my aunt and her friend deposited their money. To my surprise the job I was working on campus paid me for the semester and had deposited a little more than $1,200. I was thanking God and filled w/joy. I called my aunt and told her and she was happy and thanking God too. So, I proudly walked into the bank and purchased a cashier's check and went shopping for my attire for the MIP weekend. The next morning I waited along with the other ladies to turn in my money. While waiting I did what every other young lady did in that room, checked out each girl and tried to identify what was so special about them to get picked. I could feel the tension in the room, cliques had already started to form between girls who've been knowing each other, and since I was relatively new to the school I didn't know anyone just recognized a few faces. Our MIP weekend started the next day, which was a Friday at 6pm. When I got on the bus I was dressed in all black and a girl commented that she's been seeing a lot of girls dressed up wearing all black, then she asked me if I was going to a sorority function. Oh course, I didn't tell her because the secrecy had already begun. When I got to the building on campus where we would hold our session I walked in to a sea of black attire, that's when I found out 51 had been chosen. That night I received my portfolio w/MIP information, history, and other standard info they give MIP candidates. I'm trying to remember exactly what else I did that Friday, but I can't recall anything else. I know that night I stayed up studying for a test they would give us the next day over the material in the portfolio. We met at 8am and didn't leave until about 10:30 or 11 that night. Again, I vaguely remember what I did that 2nd day. All I remember doing is watching movies, hearing what makes AKA so fabulous, and a very compassionate speech that turned into an angry speech from a member who's been an AKA from way back in the day. She turned so angry she was shaking and her eyes had become furious, she was expressing how she feels every time an AKA does something foolish and make her look bad. So we had better not mess up because it was her last time pulling for the undergrad chapter there on campus. Then, later on that night we started the initiation by repeating, kneeling, signing our names, and walking in a maze during one of the rituals. I felt EXTREMELY uncomfortable participating in something that seemed "cult like" and the grad members changed into black robes and their voices changed to calm and friendly to urgent and serious. The only light we had in the room came from the glow of the candles. We enter in and out of rooms going through different levels and that's all I can remember. The process ended on Sunday we had the regional director come and preach an AKA sermon. I don't recall her saying Jesus Christ name at all and the others who denounced said she didn't say it. Only talked about AKA and her love for the sorority. We the 51 candidates sang a song, while standing in a circle knotting a string that connected to each one of us as a symbol of unity. Started crying (crying about what....really don't know) and pulled our selves together to finish the last ritual. Can't remember what I said, but we knelt down once again row by row and pledge our selves to the sorority. We had a crown of ivy leaves placed on our heads and were pinned by members of the sorority. They hugged us, kissed us on the cheeks, and whispered into our ears how proud they were of us. After that we all had a very brief lesson in how to conduct the secret handshake, secret check if there is a possible soror across the room, and how to read and know what the shield means. After that, we quickly went back to the room where the morning service was held and practiced strolling and skee-weeing. We ran through about 30-40 min. of that and went to our luncheon. The next day I didn't experience any bad feedback from other greek members, but others did. Other greek members were talking of course about us being "paper" and how some of the girls didn't know how to wear their pins (some wore their pins on the right side), and how we didn't know each other names because there were so many of us. It was all a mess! I called my aunt she was happy for me and my uncle wasn't so much. He just told me "It'll take a whole lot more to stay in the sorority than it was getting in." I don't see how people can maintain good grades in greek life because everyone in the chapter were struggling with their grades. We were trying to make every appearance to events on campus, meet with different boards to get recognition with the university, and pull together a coming out show homecoming weekend. All 51 of us struggled with maintain the new lifestyle. Also, another thing I soon learned was that I needed to keep money just for AKA expenses. We would go to pot luck dinners...needed $ for that, clothes, gifts for everyone who helped us, the brand new history book we had to pay $50 for, and other last minute items. I was taken money out of the check that I had received, so it wasn't really hurting my pocketbook like it was for the others. After 2 months of running around with no clue of what to do next, I started feeling my self change. I had become "conceited" I cut my hair in the front so I could have bangs and stand out from the other 50 ladies on line. I was kind of new so not that many people knew about me, so that brought more attention, and it made me feel proud. Another way I was changing is that I had started to become very angry. People often ask me do you every get mad because I'm upbeat and like to stay at peace. For the first time I had started to become more moody than I had ever been, I was not use to that at all. Don't get me wrong there have been times when I've been mad, angry, and upset just like any other person. But it was amplified to the highest degree. I had remember one of my line sisters at the time tell me she had felt the same way, so I called her and said "...I don't know what you had but I am in a major funk..." Now I was experiencing it. It was so bad that I wanted to crawl out of my flesh, this body, and escape from myself. No one knew how I was feeling because I didn't tell anyone else. One of the ladies who denounced, X-AKA2, would call me and we would talk about MIP. Later she called me and we started talking more about greek life and how we really didn't know too much about what we got ourselves into. Then I started thinking about maybe it wasn't something I should be apart of. So, I called my aunt (the Zeta and the only person I know who has a lot of involvement in church and says she's a Christian). I called her desperately needing help. I told her if I didn't know if AKA was right for me. She told me I just have a lot of pressure right now because it's all new.
Then I asked her if she ever heard of "bad things about sororities like them being cursed" she laughed at me and said no, but witchcraft was prevalent when the sororities and fraternities founders were alive. She told me that all systems of the world have witchcraft or some kind of satanic hold, but the job of a Christian is to love and not let that get to us because we are conquerors over every life situation. I ended the conversation by saying "well I don't want to go to Hell for being an AKA!" The week before finals there was another potluck dinner I went to and I could not even mask my attitude at that point. I got a ride back to my dorm with the first person out of the door and later on that night my life changed for the better. I called X-AKA2 one part of me didn't want to call her and another wanting. I'll pick up the phone and put it back down, eventually I just called her. She picked up and told me she have some information and gave me a website (the Divine Truth is Here website) and told me that I needed to look at it and that she couldn't talk because she was on the phone. I turned on my computer, but I could not get connected to the internet. X-AKA2 called me back and asked me if I was on the website. I told her I couldn't get connected to the internet. It was around 10:30 and she wanted me to take the bus and go over to her apt. I told her I didn't feel like being bothered, had a really bad attitude, and wanted to stay in for the rest of the night. She started reading to me some of the info off the page, and I talked myself into going over to her place. I made it over there and she had started listening to the audio of Gail Gray's testimony. X-AKA2 called 2 more of the girls who we've been talking to over her house and we all stayed up listening to the audio and browsing the webpage’s and then the webpage was down for the next day or 2. We decided from that point on we couldn't continue our membership and had to denounce. We all were sick and felt every bad emotion there is to feel. We departed around 3 or 4 in the morning and when I got back to my room I cried about the horrible act I had taken apart of and put on myself. I asked for forgiveness, but I did not forgive myself until I went to church the next day. One of the girls who was at X-AKA2's was X-AKA4, and X-AKA4 myself and 2 more of our former line sisters made it a habit to go to church together. So, the other 2 girls didn't know that X-AKA4 and myself (X-AKA3) had denounced to God our affiliation w/the sorority. We couldn't give them the page we had looked at because it was down, and we weren't able to share all of that information because it was just a few hrs ago when we discovered it. They knew we were sad but they didn't know why. That morning before I got ready for church I threw out as much as I could get my hands on related to AKA. X-AKA4 hadn't thrown out anything at that point because she was in denial about if it was "really that bad." When we went to church the sermon spoke so much to myself and X-AKA4 and I felt so shameful I didn't want to look at the pastor because I just knew he would see guilt of what I have done on my face. At the end X-AKA4 went up for prayer and I sat feeling that I didn't need prayer because I had already prayed. Then I thought about once before at church I went up to get prayer for my chapter because the ladies and myself needed it, but at this time I didn't feel I should go up. While my head was down a lady from the church came and stood by me. I looked up and then back down and she asked me if she could pray for me. She said that the Lord had pointed me out and said to go pray for the girl she said more, but I started crying and it's kind of a blur. The other two girls didn't know what was going on, X-AKA4 was at the altar, this lady came over to where I was sitting, and I'm broke down crying like a baby. After the lady prayed for me I went to the bathroom and came back and sat by one of my former line sisters (she was the one who had felt herself changing by becoming moody and angry that I mentioned earlier) when I sat by her the expression on her face was so cold and stoic (like a rock) and thought what is wrong with her? So, she left to go get a girl who she baby-sits occasionally who was 7 yrs old and met us out by the car. When we all got in the car my former line sister says "I don't know what's wrong w/me, it feels like I'm bipolar." When I heard that I didn't say anything, but I knew she wasn't bipolar. All of us went to eat lunch except X-AKA4. The little girl kept telling me in secret things like "please don't let me go back with AKA, JaneDoe," "can I go with you, I wanna stay with you" she kept clinging on to me and she adored the AKA, Jane Doe, but she didn't feel comfortable around her. The AKA, Jane Doe, heard her and said "your mom is coming to pick you up and you are not going with X-AKA3" I did not understand until later going up to my room the reason the little girl didn't feel comfortable. I had about 4 more days before going home for the semester. So, I went on took my finals and went home and when I went home I sent text message to the AKA, Jane Doe, and 2 more of the ladies in the sorority. None of them could believe any of what they read, so I had them to listen to Gail Gray's audio, thinking "this would get them." Nope, that didn't work either. I was at home at that point and that's when my phone started ringing off the hook, more than the other 3 girls that denounced. I stopped answering my phone. X-AKA2 was also getting a lot of phone calls. I checked my email it was crazy. I got my number changed that night and sent out a mass email providing everything I thought they needed to know, but that was good enough. Eventually, another young lady denounced close (X-AKA5) to the time of when it was time to go back to school. So, this started up all the drama once again! I had to deal with a few cold stares and comments, but it could've been a lot worst. The Lord has been and still is my strength and I'm grateful to say my joy is back more than ever and I had peace!!!

bitch you are stupid and weak.....

Instant Messenger: bitch you are so stupid and weak

Watch your mouth! Your comment turns right around and bites you on the butt. It was truly stupid and weak with no merit, or intelligence to support it. Now if you're an AKA, you should have used simplicity and wisdom.

Please read...
Four Things God Wants You to Know

1. That YOU are a SINNER
Romans 3:23, 5:12-21, 6:23

2. You Cannot Save Yourself
Titus 3:5/Ephesians 2:8-9

3. Jesus Christ is the ONLY SOLUTION
John 14:6/John 10:9/Acts 4:10-12/John 3:16

4. You can be saved TODAY-
II Corinthians 6:2/Hebrews 3:7-8

wow.. thank you guys for sharing your testimonies with me it really has made a great impact on my view of things now.
God Bless

Thank yall for sharing your testimony, I'm currently an undergrad attending a school and college, and for the first time in so many years the akaS will have a line (i've wanted to pledge aka since i was 12) and looking for them today God just kept dealing with me and speaking to my heart and I can hear Him clearly, but figured just to get information.... Well i never foind the booth so i sent a text message to two people my firend (delta) and a minister at my church.... I did not know how to put my questions in words, so i asked him to reccomend Christian websites with information concerning sororities. was not getting the information i needed until now and thank God, because i was planning to continue my search tomorrow.... This have truly been of help. Be Blessed :)

I suggest talking to those who worship with you and who are still active in their respective BGLO. Better yet, find a church leader, who is active, and listen to what they say on the matter.

Sammy
I suggest talking to those who worship with you and who are still active in their respective BGLO. Better yet, find a church leader, who is active, and listen to what they say on the matter.

That's a great idea, but they are still in bondage to their oaths. How far can they go with revealing information? But denounced greeks on th other hand are no longer oath bound and can answer any question you like.

Usually two oaths are taken, the white organizations tend to have more. But the two basic ones are for membership and pledge club. When you decide to pledge, they MAKE you swear not to tell what happens during the process even if you quit. But here's the hypocrisy; they are telling others what is going on, and so do the pledges. You learn disloyalty from the start.

By the way, there is a thread on here called, what Christians should ask at an interest meeting?"

There are some good questions in there for Greeks in leadership.

Just be truthful with people who listen to you. Jesus was not a Christian. Christianity was established by a Roman Emperor. The major Holidays of the Christian Church are of Pagan origins. The Bible is a catalog of books written mostly by white men who claim they were inspired to write their versions of what Jesus and the Apostles meant.

Why don't you tell your followers the truth? I know why. Because you are no better than the other so-called ministers regurgitating the same nonsense while living foul.

You see, once the masses figure out the truth that each have a direct connection to Jesus/GOD without any intermediaries like yourself, then the jig is up! No more paydays from the pulpit, book fees, speaking fees, non of it.

Here's the game:

1. Live foul-
2. Have a great awakening
3. Repent
4. Tell others they should repent like you
5. Pay me for buying my book that discusses the
previous four items and how buying my book will
help you out...

Next thing you'll be asking for everyone's W2 on this MB, for tithes, so you can build your church, buy zoot suits, drive a nice car ...*smh*

You want to focus on a group of people living foul, then look at so-called ministers, preachers, priests..etc.

I look forward to you finding some obscure biblical verse stating why you won't/can't address my questions.

Sammy
Just be truthful with people who listen to you. Jesus was not a Christian. Christianity was established by a Roman Emperor. The major Holidays of the Christian Church are of Pagan origins. The Bible is a catalog of books written mostly by white men who claim they were inspired to write their versions of what Jesus and the Apostles meant.

Why don't you tell your followers the truth? I know why. Because you are no better than the other so-called ministers regurgitating the same nonsense while living foul.

You see, once the masses figure out the truth that each have a direct connection to Jesus/GOD without any intermediaries like yourself, then the jig is up! No more paydays from the pulpit, book fees, speaking fees, non of it.

Here's the game:

1. Live foul-
3. Repent
help you out...

Next thing you'll be asking for everyone's W2 on this MB, for tithes, so you can build your church, buy zoot suits, drive a nice car ...*smh*

You want to focus on a group of people living foul, then look at so-called ministers, preachers, priests..etc.

I look forward to you finding some obscure biblical verse stating why you won't/can't address my questions.

Sammy,

I don't know how old you are, but do you know who Bozo the Clown is?

You only asked me one question, and the answer to it is that I do tell them the truth.

Sammy,
You like anyone else can go to the home page and download my book for free. So all this mess about me wanting money from people is a stupid claim. I have no followers. There is no membership, no group, and all people who post here have no allegiance to me.

I am going to give you a chance to come clean as to who you are, what organization you belong to, since you cannot even leave a genuine e-mail address. What am I saying? That I will do all that I can to make sure you do not post until you do so.

By other posts you have posted here, I believe it's safe to say that you are not born again. So what is it exactly that you do believe? This will be another requirement for you to post here. I have addressed you anti-christian rants on here before, so I will not repeat myself here. And by the way Sammy, I work for a living. I have worked since I was 10 years old.

So here's my number, and please do not call me with that punk private number foolishness, I do not answer those calls. If I do not answer, have the decency to leave a message and number where you can be reached.
919/278-8911

I deleted your post Sammy, because those issues were dealt with in another thread.

You also did not identify your BGLO, or your belief system. If you are willing to post a valid e-mail address, and list the other two things, a call really isn't necessary, but still cool if you'd like.

1. My email is valid. I have not received any emails
from you and I check the email frequently.

2. None of the questions I initally posed were
addressed by you.

3. As for my organization, it's unimportant in this
discussion since we all use some type of rituals.

As for deleting my post, it's all good and was expected. It also proves many of the points that I have made in previous posts. IMHO, if you're truly one with/in the Spirit, you would not have to delete any posts. One's actions, or lack thereof, says what's truly in a persons heart. When you spiritually mature and when you're ready to discuss, hit me up at samshady@mail2yachtclub.com

Sammy
1. My email is valid. I have not received any emails
from you and I check the email frequently.

2. None of the questions I initally posed were
addressed by you.

3. As for my organization, it's unimportant in this
discussion since we all use some type of rituals.

As for deleting my post, it's all good and was expected. It also proves many of the points that I have made in previous posts. IMHO, if you're truly one with/in the Spirit, you would not have to delete any posts. One's actions, or lack thereof, says what's truly in a persons heart. When you spiritually mature and when you're ready to discuss, hit me up at samshady@mail2yachtclub.com

Of course it was to be expected, I said I would delete it.

You have yet to identify what your belief system is either, and until you do that we will have no discussion at all. I am not drawn in by reverse psychology or innuendo.

As for my beliefs:

1. I believe in Jesus.

2. I believe that Jesus was a Jew.

3. I believe that Christianity was invented by man.

4. I believe that that the Bible is nothing more than
a catalog of books decided by the participants at
the Council of Nicea to include a Roman Emperor.

5. I do believe the major Christian Church Holidays
come directly from Pagan celebrations.

6. I believe that the Amen you say after each prayer
is taken from the Egyptian god Amen; Amen-Ra.

7. I do not believe that the Jews are the chosen
people nor do I believe that Almighty God ONLY
manifested the spirit just to the Jews.

And a Question:

8. If Jesus did have a hand in the establishment of
Christianity, then why so many different versions?
i.e. Baptist, AME, Methodist, Episcopalian,
Catholic. Should there not be one Christian
Religion?

And finally, I believe that people, like yourself, have a responsibility to speak the entire truth. If one is truely trying to live like Jesus, then it is one's actions that should speak. Not bashing others because they believe differently.

Based on your writings, you have illegally aquired many BGLO rituals other than the ritual of Omega Psi Phi. Did you get permission from these organizations to aquire their rituals? If you did not, is this not stealing? You see my point? To make your point you stole.

How do you justify stealing to make your point? *shrug*

As for my beliefs:

1. I believe in Jesus.

Min. H
So does the Devil.

2. I believe that Jesus was a Jew.

Min. H
He was, so what's your point?

3. I believe that Christianity was invented by man.

Min. H
Actually, Christianity was the name given to the people who followed Jesus Christ. And they were FIRST called Christians at Antioch. Acts 11:26
So Christ's disciples invented nothing.

4. I believe that that the Bible is nothing more than
a catalog of books decided by the participants at
the Council of Nicea to include a Roman Emperor.

Min. H
As I answered you previously, there was a council prior to Nicea. The books were decided upon WAY before the council of Nicea. The quotes of the Early Church Fathers prior to Nicea, Jesus, other Apostles, and secular writings show this to be true. This is what happens saints and unbelievers when one inserts a presupposition into the facts. They ignore or purposely do not research the other side to support their belief. The same thing is done with evolution.

5. I do believe the major Christian Church Holidays
come directly from Pagan celebrations.

Min. H
They were initially begun by the Catholic Church, which is a Christian Cult. These celebrations were NOT celebrated by the early church.

6. I believe that the Amen you say after each prayer
is taken from the Egyptian god Amen; Amen-Ra.

Min. H
Wrong! This was a word used by Moses and others in the Old Testament. Amen is not in the New Testament. Besides, using a word, based upon its meaning cannot necessarily be traced to its support for an idol god. Elohim means gods. It is used for men, idols, and gods, so what's your point here?

7. I do not believe that the Jews are the chosen
people nor do I believe that Almighty God ONLY
manifested the spirit just to the Jews.

Min. H
Well that's what you are entitled to believe. Bottom line is you are no Christian. Of course he manifested Himself to many Gentiles, in both Testaments. What's your point?

And a Question:

8. If Jesus did have a hand in the establishment of
Christianity, then why so many different versions?
i.e. Baptist, AME, Methodist, Episcopalian,
Catholic. Should there not be one Christian
Religion?

Min. H
There is one, but Jesus never said he would force people to follow Him, His Word, etc. God created Adam and Eve, and look what happened there. So this is a weak argument.

9.) And finally, I believe that people, like yourself, have a responsibility to speak the entire truth. If one is truely trying to live like Jesus, then it is one's actions that should speak. Not bashing others because they believe differently.

Min. H
Bashing is your choice of words. I like to call it TRUTH. John 14:6- Is Jesus bashing?

Allow me to speak the truth to you. John 3:3
Muslims, Hindus, Catholics, Mormons, etc. do not claim to be born again. So here again, Jesus is telling them that they must change.

Based on your writings, you have illegally aquired many BGLO rituals other than the ritual of Omega Psi Phi. Did you get permission from these organizations to aquire their rituals? If you did not, is this not stealing? You see my point? To make your point you stole.

How do you justify stealing to make your point? *shrug*

LOL! All rituals were given to me by members or Ex-Members. So I stole nothing, and this is an argument than many before you have thrust upon me. Don't blame me, blame your organizations for not being solid enough to hold on to its members. Blame the founders for being so foolish as to think that their information would remain secret based on unbelievers swearing an oath to a false deity, or the real one in which they do not believe. You know as well as I do that this info is not esoteric.

Next post, please acknowledge your GLO affiliation, or it will be your last post.

By the way, I sent you an e-mail concerning your affiliation.

I only received the Bravenet Member Services Forum Update Notification. If there is an additional email, it bounced.

If you want to change people, then you must first change yourself.

I do find your arguments entertaining. I am happy that we have the oportunity to banter back and forth like we've done. Unlike yourself, I do not share in the eurocentric vision and version of modern Man's spiritual enlightment, especially when it comes to African Americans. Many of our brothers and sisters, like yourself, will never ever believe that what we call christianity had it's origins in Africa. Until our brothers and sisters, like yourself, unbind themselves from this myopic thought process, we, as a people, will never be liberated from the spiritual shackles that bind us to the slavemaster's religion.
The aurguments you use were the same aurguments used by Colonial Europe to enslave the African, to colonize the African continent except for Ehtiopia, to justify slavery here in Ameirca until 1865, to systematically eradicate the Native American, the Indigenous peoples of the Carribean and Native cultures that thrived in Central and South America.

Since Jesus was not a Christian, those of us who believe in His word but yet not believe in christianity understand that the two are not congruent.

IMHO, you CAN be a follower of Jesus and His teachings and NOT be a Christian. If you find a scripture where Jesus says in His words: "Thou must be a Christian in order to follow me, then post it here". But I can tell you, you will not. Jesus was the incarnation of God, therefore He could not have been Christian.

Christianity is not the only religion having issues with maintaning followers. The problem for all religions is with the Net. With all the religious books published, people like myself, are educating themselves about their specific religions and belief systems. This does not bode well for anyone trying to interpret what someone said or didn't say when people can read it for themselves. No disrespect and this is your MB but from a religeous and spiritual perspective: "Who are you to tell anyone how they should be living and believing?"

So what am I saying. It comes down to how You(plural) are living not the nomenclature that you(plural) choose to call yourself. If you want to change people, then you must change yourself first.

Since you do not take kindly to those who might challenge you, I will not post again.

You have my email so hit me up if you'd like. Take care.

Re: If you want to change people, then you must first change yourself.

Sammy
I do find your arguments entertaining. I am happy that we have the oportunity to banter back and forth like we've done. Unlike yourself, I do not share in the eurocentric vision and version of modern Man's spiritual enlightment, especially when it comes to African Americans.

Min. H
Allow me to show you your hypocrisy. You are willing to believe a Eurocentric rendering of Christianity when it comes to celebrating pagan holidays, but not when it comes to blacks. You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts. By the way, much of biblical history is from the African region. So the Bible is very well rounded from both sides of the tracks.

Sammy
Many of our brothers and sisters, like yourself, will never ever believe that what we call christianity had it's origins in Africa.

Min. H
Now without reading what you just wrote above, I just refuted what you claimed. As for its origins, I would say no, but as for its early beginnings, yes. The Ethiopian Coptic church is a great example.

Sammy
Until our brothers and sisters, like yourself, unbind themselves from this myopic thought process, we, as a people, will never be liberated from the spiritual shackles that bind us to the slavemaster's religion. The arguments you use were the same aurguments used by Colonial Europe to enslave the African, to colonize the African continent except for Ehtiopia, to justify slavery here in Ameirca until 1865, to systematically eradicate the Native American, the Indigenous peoples of the Carribean and Native cultures that thrived in Central and South America.

Min. H
To this may I add that your hypocrisy, or lack of knowledge is evident. The Ethiopians and Egyptians were masters at slave ownership and of the slave mentality for which you speak. The slavemaster's religion is everything but Christianity. Just because men may have used it for evil purposes does not make it evil. You are actually doing the same injustice to yourself, and making your stand, which is to be against Christianity, to be actually against your claim. The Bible never justifies the TYPE of slavery for which you speak, and I believe you know that, which makes you disingenuous. I also noticed that you mention nothing about the black-on-black slavery that occurs in almost every country of color to this very day.

Sammy
Since Jesus was not a Christian, those of us who believe in His word but yet not believe in christianity understand that the two are not congruent.

Min. H
I would ask for a rephrase, but this is your last post. AND BY THE WAY, SEND ME AN E-MAIL, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS THIS FURTHER.

Sammy
IMHO, you CAN be a follower of Jesus and His teachings and NOT be a Christian. If you find a scripture where Jesus says in His words: "Thou must be a Christian in order to follow me, then post it here". But I can tell you, you will not. Jesus was the incarnation of God, therefore He could not have been Christian.

Min. H
You framed the question with the APPARENT possibility that it could not be answered, and that by not being able to do so, you had an ace in the hole. Sorry, but your point and question, which you answered is irrelevant. The term was given to those who FOLLOWED Jesus. You cannot call me a Muslim, and say that I am a follower of Jesus Christ, which is the point I believe you are trying to make. The word, "Christian" is not based on what Jesus was, but on the character of His followers. So if you follow Jesus according to His word, you are a Christian. Please look up the Greek word for it.

Sammy
Christianity is not the only religion having issues with maintaining followers. The problem for all religions is with the Net. With all the religious books published, people like myself, are educating themselves about their specific religions and belief systems.

Min. H
Which you have yet to NAME????? And I am glad that everyone can see the Word of God laid open. I believe that the most historically reliable book can be exposed for criticism. But what the CRITICS FAIL TO DO, PURPOSELY, is to EXAMINE ALL OTHER WORKS OF LITERATURE BY THE SAME STANDARDS. I dare you to do that Sammy, and see what happens.

Sammy
This does not bode well for anyone trying to interpret what someone said or didn't say when people can read it for themselves. No disrespect and this is your MB but from a religeous and spiritual perspective: "Who are you to tell anyone how they should be living and believing?"

Min. H
It bodes very well, and once again, I addressed your point above prior to reading it about the Bible's reliability. I am not telling anyone how to live. The Bible does that all by itself. When you can clearly show with documented evidence that their is another book with more historical reliability than God's Word, then you can make that statement. By the way, if I tell someone that Jesus is the ONLY WAY, who's actually telling that person that?

Sammy
So what am I saying. It comes down to how You(plural) are living not the nomenclature that you(plural) choose to call yourself.

Min. H
Never said anything to the contrary, and neither does the Bible. I agree that merely professing to be something doesn't mean you are, and I have not given the impression that it does. The label given to those is EXACTLY THE REASON YOU STATE. They were called what they were recognized to actually be, Christians. So if you are not a Christian, why call yourself one? I am sorry Sammy, but you nor I have the right to trump history, and play some redefinition of words game. The redefining of terms is a dangerous game, played by the very people you seem to be putting down (i.e. whites). So who is is bondage to who in your case?

Sammy
If you want to change people, then you must change yourself first.

Since you do not take kindly to those who might challenge you, I will not post again.

Min. H
I have answered your post from day one, so please don't insult yourself by lying to yourself. I can change no one Sammy, and I believe that's the problem. My good works do not save myself, nor others, can you show me a scripture that says we or others are saved by the works we do? People will go to hell having all the near perfect examples in their lives. While others will grow up in the most evil of conditions, and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Sammy
You have my email so hit me up if you'd like. Take care.

Min. H
You have mine, so since you say mine is not getting to you, hit me up. glos_havebeenexposed@yahoo.com

Not Telling The Whole Story

Okay here are a few problems that I have with the "testimonies" that were given above.

1. Each young lady tells of herself "changing" after pledging and how "different" they became as a result. There are many reasons that people lose focus on God, and to say that because a few women lost focus due to their membership in a sorority, that no one should join a fraternity/sorority is perposterous. There are people who say that their job caused them to lose focus on God, but does that mean that they shouldn't work? NO! You have to learn that no matter what you do, you have to put God FIRST. Being both saved and greek is possible, so don't let "Minister H" tell you otherwise.

2. All of the women who have expressed their "testimony" here so far are what we in the Greek community like to call PAPER GREEKS. As in they did not pledge. And because they did not pledge they do not gain the sense of brotherhood or sisterhood, or even the basic principles of the organization that someone who pledged would have. Embedding these things in a person is a process, a process that takes time. So if you want a true perception of Greek Life, talk to a proudly pledged member of an organization and ask them of their experiances. These women's conflicts were hardly based on their ties to their organizations, because there were hardly tied to their organizations. Because they did not pledge they were prbably ostracized and isolated from the other members of their sorority, and that is most likely why they renounced their letters.

3. In all of his lecture on the contradiction of GLOs with Christian principles and living, I have yet to read a scripture that explains how Greek life is in conflict with a Godly life. Greek letter organizations have a motto, mission, and creed that explains its purpose, and while the purpose of a greek letter organization is not religious or overtly spiritual, these organizations do not claim to be relgious. While I respect the views of others I believe that minister H's view on GLOs are interesting yet misguided, and please young aspirants do not take them into too heavy consideration when deciding whether to join an organization, instead talk to God, pray to Him and ask him whether its the right decision to make in your life.

Re: Not Telling The Whole Story

"Okay here are a few problems that I have with the "testimonies" that were given above.

1. Each young lady tells of herself "changing" after pledging and how "different" they became as a result. There are many reasons that people lose focus on God, and to say that because a few women lost focus due to their membership in a sorority, that no one should join a fraternity/sorority is perposterous. There are people who say that their job caused them to lose focus on God, but does that mean that they shouldn't work? NO! You have to learn that no matter what you do, you have to put God FIRST. Being both saved and greek is possible, so don't let "Minister H" tell you otherwise.

Min. H
True, but Greek Life presents many conflicts. One who works is worthy of honor. Working is an honorable thing. But we are not discussing work, we are discussing membership in a GLO.

2. All of the women who have expressed their "testimony" here so far are what we in the Greek community like to call PAPER GREEKS. As in they did not pledge. And because they did not pledge they do not gain the sense of brotherhood or sisterhood, or even the basic principles of the organization that someone who pledged would have. Embedding these things in a person is a process, a process that takes time. So if you want a true perception of Greek Life, talk to a proudly pledged member of an organization and ask them of their experiances. These women's conflicts were hardly based on their ties to their organizations, because there were hardly tied to their organizations. Because they did not pledge they were prbably ostracized and isolated from the other members of their sorority, and that is most likely why they renounced their letters.

Min. H
You are assuming here, while also advocating an illegal and immoral process. This is what people who pledge do. They place themselves upon a pedestal above those who are paper. What you should have been doing is CONDEMNING the pledge process. Instead, as most Greeks, including those that are BELIEVERS, give credence to the pledge process. So you believe that "brotherhood or sisterhood, or even the basic principles of the organization" must be learned through a pledge process? How long does it take? I could use your job analogy in much the same way. I do not have to go through a bonding process with my coworkers to do and be good at my job.

3. In all of his lecture on the contradiction of GLOs with Christian principles and living, I have yet to read a scripture that explains how Greek life is in conflict with a Godly life. Greek letter organizations have a motto, mission, and creed that explains its purpose, and while the purpose of a greek letter organization is not religious or overtly spiritual, these organizations do not claim to be relgious. While I respect the views of others I believe that minister H's view on GLOs are interesting yet misguided, and please young aspirants do not take them into too heavy consideration when deciding whether to join an organization, instead talk to God, pray to Him and ask him whether its the right decision to make in your life."

Min. H
You have yet to read one, yet you have failed to take any scriptures I have used and prove they that are used improperly.

"Greek letter organizations have a motto, mission, and creed that explains its purpose, and while the purpose of a greek letter organization is not religious or overtly spiritual, these organizations do not claim to be relgious." Interested

Min. H
So you say, yet you offer no proof of this, while I have offered such proof. If you would read the post about SPP vs.OPP, this proves you wrong. Beside showing a similarity in ritual, it discusses eternal life. ALL BGLO's have this in their rituals.

My other problem with your claim is that these organizations make many religious claims and statements. Since we are discussing AKA here, they claim to choose women of high MORAL and ETHICAL STANDARDS. What are those standards?????????? The are relative, which means there are truly no standards at all, nor are these standards mentioned.

Can you be a fornicator and have high moral and ethical standards, INTERESTED?

Sammy

Sammy also said before the above,
"I suggest talking to those who worship with you and who are still active in their respective BGLO. Better yet, find a church leader, who is active, and listen to what they say on the matter."

Min. H
Anyone see the pure oxymoron here? He wants you to talk to your church leaders and those you worship with, even though he disparages their beliefs. So he wants you to go to people for the truth, who apparently believe a lie

Sammy

Min. H
I have no pulpit, I have a right to charge for services rendered like anyone else, and I work for a living.

Sammy
Here's the game:

1. Live foul-
3. Repent
help you out...

Min. H
Don't know what happened to you dude, but church hurts usually breed this type of contempt. If you read this site, you would know that I do not believe in paying tithes. The nicest car I have ever driven is a Honda, I "OWN" 2 or 3 suits, but I am building Jesus' church.

Sammy

Min. H
I have a verse for you. John 3:3/John 3:18b

After reading this post, I am still not convinced that Greek Organizations are sinful or against God. It depends on the individual. If you make your sorority or your fraternity your god, then um yes that is sinful, but whose fault is that? I am sure that once one gets into the organization that it may be overwhelming because you DO HAVE TO WORK. You do have to pay, and you are expected to properly represent the organization. But it is your job as a believer to not put ANYTHING ahead of the Lord. I have good friends who are active in their BGLOs and active in their church. Some are even church leaders. Some of the organizations even work along with churches. Maybe that chapter was not heading by God fearing individuals because the AKAs I know attend church regulary and CONSTANTLY uphold the Lord while at the same time show pride in their organization.

I know plenty of greeks who DO make their organization their God. This is all they talk about and they will not put anything ahead of it.I am not going to lie, some of them freak me out because they are obsessed with it. At the same time, I know many Greeks who are dedicated Christians, attend church and some that are pastors or church officials. Did the organization tell you to stop going to church and stop worshiping the Lord? I understand that they require you to do alot but like ANY THING ELSE, job, school, social life, etc, YOU have to set the limitation on what you will do.You should not spend ALL day long everyday all day with them.

It is just like anything else that is so important in your life. Your career and education are valuable, but some people take it too far and end up making THOSE their gods. When people get married, they make vows and partake in rituals so I am not understanding why people feel that the BGLO's are or can NOT be of God.

Blessed One.
After reading this post, I am still not convinced that Greek Organizations are sinful or against God. It depends on the individual. If you make your sorority or your fraternity your god, then um yes that is sinful, but whose fault is that? I am sure that once one gets into the organization that it may be overwhelming because you DO HAVE TO WORK. You do have to pay, and you are expected to properly represent the organization. But it is your job as a believer to not put ANYTHING ahead of the Lord. I have good friends who are active in their BGLOs and active in their church. Some are even church leaders. Some of the organizations even work along with churches. Maybe that chapter was not heading by God fearing individuals because the AKAs I know attend church regulary and CONSTANTLY uphold the Lord while at the same time show pride in their organization.

I know plenty of greeks who DO make their organization their God. This is all they talk about and they will not put anything ahead of it.I am not going to lie, some of them freak me out because they are obsessed with it. At the same time, I know many Greeks who are dedicated Christians, attend church and some that are pastors or church officials. Did the organization tell you to stop going to church and stop worshiping the Lord? I understand that they require you to do alot but like ANY THING ELSE, job, school, social life, etc, YOU have to set the limitation on what you will do.You should not spend ALL day long everyday all day with them.

It is just like anything else that is so important in your life. Your career and education are valuable, but some people take it too far and end up making THOSE their gods. When people get married, they make vows and partake in rituals so I am not understanding why people feel that the BGLO's are or can NOT be of God.

"I am still not convinced that Greek Organizations are sinful or against God. It depends on the individual." Blessed One

Truth is not dependent upon any individuals position. Truth stands alone all by itself. AKA uses to false gods to represent things that ONLY the true God can represent and bestow upon individuals. Atlas and Themis are those two gods. AND AKA sets itself upon the pedestal of the highest authority.

[The candidates of pledges are asked if they are will to be ****SUBMISSIVE**** and in EVERY WAY ****SUBJUGATE**** themselves to the highest authority? Then after they accept, they are asked, what PROOF do they have, then they are TOLD to repeat the following, "I SHOW MY ****SUBMISSION**** BY ****KNEELING****"] Taken from AKA Ritual

Min. H
Now let me go back to what you said.

"I am sure that once one gets into the organization that it may be overwhelming because you DO HAVE TO WORK. You do have to pay, and you are expected to properly represent the organization. But it is your job as a believer to not put ANYTHING ahead of the Lord." Blessed One

Min.H
You just did out something ahead of Him. You were not kneeling to the the Lord Jesus. Now if you're an AKA, don't beat around the bush by avoiding what I have written, but please address it. And please explain, "expected to properly represent the organization." Blessed One

Min. H
This is relative morality. How many people in your sorority fornicate, use profanity, are in adulterous relationships, pregnant out-of-wedlock, etc.? Do they have their memberships revoked? Hazing seems to be the only moral standard AKA upholds, and even the majority of unbelievers know that hazing is ungodly.

And as far as I am concerned church attendance and church leadership are meaningless to me. I am judging the organization and its inherent problems with what is written. Can the Bible be accused of promoting idolatry among its followers? Absolutely not!!!!!!!!!!!!! The AKA ritual, well you should know it well, goes on to give a mandatory pledge to its initiates, which is often repeated by the members, What did you(?) pledge to ALPHA KAPPA ALPHA? Your heart, mind and strength.............

Hebrew isrealites are false too.

You will know them by the spirit they have.
Many have the anti christ spirit.
www.christianword.org There is not oath that the
Jesus didnt break. There is no stonghold that
can keep you in something that God want you to come out.
In Jesus name.

Hebrews 1:8 States that Jesus is God. What is and has
happen before we were even born. Many false prophets, teachers and leaders claiming they are christian, or say they have a christian centered organization. Have
used the bible to establish they are christian. They may
be sincere but being sincere will not give you eternal
life. We have be indoctrinated with mans denominations
were we don't realize it. Until We have to learn to live by faith. That's why there is denomination.
Because people don't agree on certain things.
Some may know somethings to be true. Holidays are pagan. But the bible when it is presented right which
is the gospel will get free from all those false
doctrines like brother Hachett is trying to do.
He's not in it for money. If the gospel be hidden it
is hidden to those who are lost. Someone has to present the truth to the people because everyone claiming they are born again are not. Every church claiming they are christian are not. And they are in
other things They are blind to. Like many of us are.
Many have put out books to say the bible is this.
And then they turn around and use a scripture out of context to get you to believe they know what it meant. You must be born again John Chapter 3.

Stop using the bible to justify your love for the faternity and soroities. You are not of God.

"I have not read all the comments, but the Lord knows I plan to! I am not now, nor have I ever been a member of any “divine nine” organization, however, I am a member of a local sorority, & I am also a pastor’s daughter. My uncles are pastors, my aunts evangelists & First Ladies. Both my paternal grandparents were pastors, (my gma was the first african american woman to pastor a church in Key West, Florida!) My parents encouraged me to pursue my sorority membership, after I expressed my interest because they felt as though I was finally going to finish something after I started it. That’s just the parental way, I was lazy & never went through with anything. During the pledge process however, my family was in turmoil, I couldn’t pay my dues, I didn’t make all the lines & my GPA went from a 3.3 to a 2.5. I felt screwed. FINALLY after six months, I made it across the burning sands and my parents were happy.

Afterwards I fully realized my desire to be a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha, but I couldn’t do so because of my enrollment in a community college, & because I had planned on transferring to a 4 year college later on, I decided to do massive research on the organization to be prepared for the interest meetings & eventually the pledge process. Because, lets all be real here, no matter what they say, they STILL pledge.

So back to the issue here, I finally yielded to the Lord as my personal savior (*applause* LOL) & read my Bible, I actually sleep with it next to me, but I was SO enthralled with the women, excuse me, “ladies of AKA” that I was determined to find out EVERYTHING. I even did the impossible. I obtained a copy of their ritual book. (I know, I’m SUPERWOMAN.) I also have DST & APhiA, and if you need proof, I can send you the scanned pages.

I used to scower (sp?) the internet looking for chants, songs & dances that would help me feel like a member, THAT bloodthirst in itself is sinful!! I stopped reading my Bible, I was too busy reciting the founders from memory, I wasn’t praying, I was too busy looking at pink & green probates, etc. My mind was consumed with the “pretty girls who wear twenty pearls”. Even to this day, I have to ask God to help me with the desire to be accepted, because that's honestly all it is. Its a desire for the FLESH to be validated.

I said all that to say, if you don’t feel the presence of God LEADING YOU to join these organizations, I wouldn’t. I feel God sends some people to these things to teach them lessons, or to help bring others out of bondage. This comment was in no way meant to condemn, but I just hope people go to God first & that he has mercy on those who do not see."

How can you state you've never been a part of a D9 organization then tell a story of becoming a AKA via a pledge process?

Confused
How can you state you've never been a part of a D9 organization then tell a story of becoming a AKA via a pledge process?

She was not a real AKA. She pledged at a community college, which does not meet sorority requirements of membership.

Now I would like you to comment on that issue? The fact that a person cannot join because they are not in a 4 year college.

The process, like many in the D9 are illegal. The girls who pledged them knew this. They are called renegade or ghost members, when in reality it's those who pledged them that should be called that.

Why should she contact an active member of a sorority or fraternity in ministry to ask the whether this is born of God? This is the equivalent of the blind leading the blind! The reality is this...joining these orgs, swearing your allegiance to them, bowing before their god and their altar is blatant idolatry! Idolaters will not have any place in God's kingdom because He shares His glory with no one! I am six years free of this org and my relationship with the Lord has skyrocketed! No half-cocked pastor or "Christian" can preach the truth to you if the truth is not in them!

If you join them, prepare to die spiritually because nothing about membership looks, smells, or behaves like Jesus Christ. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried, nor would I want to. If any aka's want to check out the pledge and compare it to Luke 10:27 be my guest. The founders removed the name of the Lord God and substituted aka in the scripture. Another area of concern is this, how can you say that the org is founded on Christian principles when everything that is done internally and externally is contradictory to the Word of God?

Weak are the ones that fall for the devil's devices. He's a liar and a deceiver. Those are the weak ones!!

Blessed
Weak are the ones that fall for the devil's devices. He's a liar and a deceiver. Those are the weak ones!!

Min. H
I would like to add to that the fact that those who are weak are also ones who pledge. They and mentally and psychologically weak. They do not have the will to say hold on a minute, "WOULD I BE ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN TO ME IF I WAS NOT GOING TO GET LETTERS? WHY AM I ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN TO ME IN THE FIRST PLACE?"

You look in the mirror and see the hand print on your face, or the bruises on your backside and lament, "I guess this is what I have to do to get in."