Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Other "Greek" organizations

I have a question!

I am a firm believer in God (I'm apostolic) and I thank the Lord for not allowing me to join a Black Greek Letter Organization. It was something that I struggled with throughout my college years because I was searching for a sisterhood and to fill a void in my life.

My question, however, comes as a result of a recent decision that I made. I joined the international fraternity of Delta Sigma Pi which is a professional business fraternity. To me, it is completely different from the Divine 9 and other Panhellinic organizations. I am slightly confused about if I did the right thing and if i should denounce this organization. It is something that will help me as a business student and no hazing or demonic/ungodly rituals are involved.

Please help...

Re: Other "Greek" organizations

Does your organization have a ritual, or any information it deems secret? If so, do you have it, and may I see it? Did you swear an oath of secrecy?

On the surface, DSP just seems to be an organization that honors academic achievement without any mention of religion or relative morality. The one big issue is that you may be amongst men and women who are not born again, and in that case you should know what to do when offered the opportunity. Since you all share no covenant, except a good GPA, LOL! I can say that I find no spiritual issues. Now that doesn't mean to shut your eyes to potential problems. I mean, the NAACP is really no different than DSP, but the NAACP promotes abortion. If DSP was in bed with Planned Parenthood or the GBLT community, then I would raise an eye brow.

But there is something else that really caught my eye. I will e-mail you about this.

Happy New Year!

I just wanted to ask you what you wanted to email me about. I don't believe I ever got it.

And there is a certain degree of secrecy... is this wrong?

What about Pi Sigma Epsilon they have a ritual and other professional fraternities?

Help
What about Pi Sigma Epsilon they have a ritual and other professional fraternities?

"With input from students, professionals and our founders, five essential aspects of Pi Sigma Epsilon were developed: the Statement of Purpose, Constitution and Bylaws, Creed, Key and Ritual of Initiation. The Greek letters of Pi Sigma Epsilon were carefully chosen to represent members of the fraternity."
http://www.pse.org/pse-about.asp

My issue is why is a ritual of initiation important to sales and marketing. I would ask them to see the ritual, by-laws, and creed before joining.

MidWestGirlie
I have a question!

I am a firm believer in God (I'm apostolic) and I thank the Lord for not allowing me to join a Black Greek Letter Organization. It was something that I struggled with throughout my college years because I was searching for a sisterhood and to fill a void in my life.

My question, however, comes as a result of a recent decision that I made. I joined the international fraternity of Delta Sigma Pi which is a professional business fraternity. To me, it is completely different from the Divine 9 and other Panhellinic organizations. I am slightly confused about if I did the right thing and if i should denounce this organization. It is something that will help me as a business student and no hazing or demonic/ungodly rituals are involved.

Please help...

"Commitment to a Diverse Brotherhood

Founded from Diversity: Delta Sigma Pi was founded over a hundred years ago to be America’s preeminent professional business fraternity. Part of that founding was to form a brotherhood of people from diverse walks of life, at a time when other organizations excluded certain groups from membership. A great strength of our Fraternity is a membership as diverse as the business world, for which we are preparing our members. We are a mixture of different voices from different backgrounds that challenge fixed ways of thinking and lead us to excellent ideas at both the chapter level and in the business world.

A Diverse Fraternity: Delta Sigma Pi is a diverse brotherhood. We were the first professional business fraternity to go co-ed, admitting women in 1975. We welcome into our membership students of business who meet professional standards of admission, and our policies allow no exclusions based on race, ethnicity, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.

Diversity Ideals into Action: Delta Sigma Pi puts its commitment to a diverse brotherhood into action, going beyond a non-discrimination policy, and extends a Welcome to those of all walks of life who meet our professional standards. Every one of us is an individual with different abilities to offer, and we seek out and honor those differences. Delta Sigma Pi strives to provide fraternal friendships with people different than ourselves, giving that feeling of bonding that a fraternity of people with similar goals can uniquely give."
http://www.dspnet.org/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=96

What makes them any different than any other organization that allows sinners to join with Believers. The problem is that it mentions ethics as a part of its philosophy in business. Are they going to teach Biblical Ethics or diverse ethics. The whole issue of diversity is to weaken those of the Christian faith. We are the only ones who have everything to lose by compromising our faith, of which their is no compromise. So Christians are all good as long as we don't PUSH our religion on others.