Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bow Your Head On

I always wondered about this when it came to pledging. When running info when the name of the organization you are trying to pledge and you forget to bow and well you know what is coming next if you don't bow your head on the organization's name.

Also when you take wood and have to get in the cut and have to say the name of the org. Having to say the name of the organization while doing push ups.

As well as have to bow before the membership if someone within the organization if they drop something and having to get down on one knee and not to look into a members face.

My question is for those that pledge does this create a sense of spiritual bondage in a sense because I know people talk about showing the organization respect but I always wondered if their was more to it spiritually? It seemed like it bothered me saying these things because me having to bow on an organizations name shouldn't it be bowing to God's Name I don't know I thought about this stuff though.

Re: Bow Your Head On

It presents the atmosphere of worship. How could it not. This is tantamount to idolatry. It's physical, psychological, spiritual, etc. bondage. There is no difference between this and slavery with a few exceptions. One being that it's black's enslaving blacks, but what's worse is that it is willful enslavement for the sole purpose of becoming a member.

Question, are you born again?

Call me some time to talk about this. Leave a message if i don't answer. 919/278-8911

I am born again

Only reason why I asked is because nobody every really spoke the other stuff that goes on during a process.

Like carrying items on line and carrying bricks, other items.

Having to write in your note pad same colors as the organization, etc.

So I was thinking about all those things and wondering does those things create a spiritual tide to that organization so that is why I asked.

Thanks Min H

Question ?
I am born again

Only reason why I asked is because nobody every really spoke the other stuff that goes on during a process.

Like carrying items on line and carrying bricks, other items.

Having to write in your note pad same colors as the organization, etc.

So I was thinking about all those things and wondering does those things create a spiritual tide to that organization so that is why I asked.

Thanks Min H

The pad you write all the info down on is called your "brain".

What about auxiliary organizations like sweethearts. A love interest of mine is a sweetheart to Phi Beta Sigma. It really breaks my heart. What type of treatment, oaths and activities do they have to endure. If a pledge endure such humiliating acts what about a Sigma carnation or dove?

Chris
What about auxiliary organizations like sweethearts. A love interest of mine is a sweetheart to Phi Beta Sigma. It really breaks my heart. What type of treatment, oaths and activities do they have to endure. If a pledge endure such humiliating acts what about a Sigma carnation or dove?

The purpose of a pledge program is to mold ANY individual into the type of member you want them to be. Unfortunately this can come at a great cost to the Believer in Jesus Christ. You can't imagine the mental "twistalistics" a true believer must go through. First, they must deal with their wilful desire to be humiliated. Why did use wilful? Christians should be persecuted for being followers of Christ, not subjecting themselves to self-persecution and then calling that suffering for righteousness sake. Oh the mental game Satan plays on believers.

The main reason why one puts up with such foolishness is their BIBLICAL WORLDVIEW is messed up. If one's biblical worldview of biology is warped, they probably believe in some form of evolution. Evolution is not a biblical worldview. So imagine a what type of worldview a Christian has when they pledge or are pledged? They do not hold to a biblical worldview of LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR..........

Imagine going to check soome pledges out, and you haven't even checked yourself out. How can you say you checked out II Corinthians 13:5, then go and pledge some people, or what some people call, checking. Bottom Line! Pledging, Checking, etc. are all Hazing.