Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
This breaks my heart...

You guys break my heart. You're just as lost as those you try and denounce. I am a Christian in Greek Life and I love it. I don't regret going Greek and I know this is where God has called me to be. Greek Life is such a dark place, it needs people with Christ's light.

Jesus came for the broken and the sinners, not those that already believed. He spent time with tax collectors, prostitutes, and people that society looked down on. Fred said that Jesus would never have joined a Greek Letter Organization, but those are the kind of people that need Jesus the most.

I lead a bible study twice a week in my organization in an attempt to be more open in sharing the gospel to those that are willing. I live my life in a way that shows my sisters you can be Christian in a sorority and still enjoy it. Yes I go out with my sisters. I don't drink or "shack" with guys. I take care of them, make sure they're in their own bed and home safe at the end of the night. I'm there for them in their darkest times just like God is for me.

Sororities and Fraternities need Jesus the most but Christians won't tackle the obstacle because the just see the stereotypes of greeks, not the hurt, broken, and confused people they really are.

Re: This breaks my heart...

"You guys break my heart. You're just as lost as those you try and denounce. I am a Christian in Greek Life and I love it. I don't regret going Greek and I know this is where God has called me to be. Greek Life is such a dark place, it needs people with Christ's light."

Min. H
I have spoken to thousands of Greeks personally on this issue. That Jesus came to save us and that He is the only way. I also show them that we are not to unequally yoke ourselves with unbelievers. So I have brought his light, yet we are in the 40-42nd year in a row of deaths in the Greeks system.

Jesus came for the broken and the sinners, not those that already believed. He spent time with tax collectors, prostitutes, and people that society looked down on. Fred said that Jesus would never have joined a Greek Letter Organization, but those are the kind of people that need Jesus the most.

Min. H
Yes, He most certainly did, but we never see Jesus joining the Pharisees, becoming a drunkard, as is clearly understood by Hebrews 7:24-26. So, I do not believe He would have joined due tho the inherent idolatry. I also see that you did not mention your sorority???????

And one thing that you are doing that Christ doesn't is that you remain with sinners in a bond/covenant with them. You party with them without drinking. Okay!!!!!!!

I lead a bible study twice a week in my organization in an attempt to be more open in sharing the gospel to those that are willing. I live my life in a way that shows my sisters you can be Christian in a sorority and still enjoy it. Yes I go out with my sisters. I don't drink or "shack" with guys.

Min. H
There are sinners who do not drink, curse, smoke, or fornicate. There are even some who pastor churches, huge churches. Now I am not implying anything about you, just your words. I would encourage you to keep doing this, but I would also CHALLENGE you to reach into your sorority's ritual and show them the darkness in it, and strive to make changes.

I take care of them, make sure they're in their own bed and home safe at the end of the night. I'm there for them in their darkest times just like God is for me.

Min. H
At the end of the night. I see, you enable them, because you sure didn't mention anything about telling them that all fornicators and drunkards shall have their part in the lake of fire. If they get pregnant, what will you suggest to them? If they get HIV, how will you handle that? Do you tell them to protect themselves?

Sororities and Fraternities need Jesus the most but Christians won't tackle the obstacle because the just see the stereotypes of greeks, not the hurt, broken, and confused people they really are.

Min. H
People need Jesus, not organizations that defile His Word. Broken/Confused/Hurt are some of the reasons why they join. So what is it about Greek orgs that attract Christians again??????? Something, I have learned about stereotypes is that it only takes a little time to see whether they are true and not really stereotypes.

So MY HEART BREAKS every time I see Christians trying to justify these organizations just because they happen to be members of them.

I was like them once. I partied, drank, had sex. But then Jesus told me he loves me anyway. I had a heart change and came to Christ. He loves the sinner not the sin. So i will love my sisters in this way. No, I won't "show the darkness" of my organizations rituals. You aren't a member and you don't know what they mean. They're to be taken metaphorically (you know, like using a metaphor in an essay), since all of our founders were true to their Christian faith. I don't enable them. I love them, the way they are. Whatever I do points my sisters to Christ, because its for His glory that I do.

I'm sorry, but I truly believe you're lost and you're leading people astray. You and I don't deserve Gods love, and he loves everyone even those we see as terrible and unlovable. You're not telling people to go help lead Greeks to Christ and in turn lead their chapters to Christ. You're instructing them to go against what God calls us to do.

Once again, no mention of what organization you belong to.

"I was like them once. I partied, drank, had sex. But then Jesus told me he loves me anyway. I had a heart change and came to Christ. He loves the sinner not the sin. So i will love my sisters in this way.

Min. H
Although Jesus loves everyone unconditionally, people go to hell. Loving them and yoking yourself to them are two different things. They will tolerate, tolerate you as long as you do not say anything they do not like. Take it to a place they don't like, and they will turn on you.

No, I won't "show the darkness" of my organizations rituals. You aren't a member and you don't know what they mean. They're to be taken metaphorically (you know, like using a metaphor in an essay), since all of our founders were true to their Christian faith. I don't enable them. I love them, the way they are. Whatever I do points my sisters to Christ, because its for His glory that I do.

Min. H
Of course you don't. But my point is your so-called Christian founders could have used Biblical metaphors, but they chose not to. Do you speak out against reveling and drunkenness and fornication, and tell them that if they continue on this path they may die before it's too late?

I'm sorry, but I truly believe you're lost and you're leading people astray. You and I don't deserve Gods love, and he loves everyone even those we see as terrible and unlovable. You're not telling people to go help lead Greeks to Christ and in turn lead their chapters to Christ. You're instructing them to go against what God calls us to do.

Min. H
What do you mean by lost? Please explain. Wrong, I am not telling people to do anything. If they stay, witness. The problem is they cannot expose the evil of their organization without being two-faced. This is why I encourage them to come out. The majority of people that have come out was a direct result of personal evangelism or discipleship. You have no idea what you are talking about. But if you have read some of the testimonies here, you would know your statement is erroneous.

What sorority do you belong to?

What you did not answer!

Min. H
At the end of the night. I see, you enable them, because you sure didn't mention anything about telling them that all fornicators and drunkards shall have their part in the lake of fire. If they get pregnant, what will you suggest to them? If they get HIV, how will you handle that? Do you tell them to protect themselves?

And you stated metaphors. For some yes, but there is often language that suggests more.

Greek4Christ
I was like them once. I partied, drank, had sex. But then Jesus told me he loves me anyway. I had a heart change and came to Christ. He loves the sinner not the sin. So i will love my sisters in this way. No, I won't "show the darkness" of my organizations rituals. You aren't a member and you don't know what they mean. They're to be taken metaphorically (you know, like using a metaphor in an essay), since all of our founders were true to their Christian faith. I don't enable them. I love them, the way they are. Whatever I do points my sisters to Christ, because its for His glory that I do.